PDA

View Full Version : Do many of you WO between shampoos?

annielauri
September 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I am trying to lengthen my days between washes and wondered how many of you do this. I tried this week to go to a 3rd day of no washing, but just couldn't take it and WO washed. It seemed to get me through?

xrosiex
September 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I CWC everyother day and I have also been trying to strech out my washings. I havent tried WO. But thanks to this post I think I'll give it a try.:sun:

lora410
September 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I CO between my wash days. Not only does it keep the scalp clean, but give my hair a boost of moisture.

freznow
September 6th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I use shampoo bars once a week. If my hair for one reason or another doesn't get as clean as I like, I'll do a WO with ACV rinse in between.

If it works for you, go for it! I know there are people who have successfully stretched out their shampooing/COing with WO.

josie4
September 6th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I CO every 3-4 days and WO in between. It works well for me. :)

chrissy-b
September 6th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I've been WO once a week between my washing and it helps. Sometimes I need a bit more moisture so I'll condition the ends or do a CO wash. I was trying to stick to a routine, but lately I've just been doing whatever it feels like my hair needs on a daily basis.

Whatever works for you is definitely the way to go!

manderly
September 6th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I keep my hair dry. I don't shower every day though, maybe every other day unless I've been doing something that made me dirty or sweaty.

I have to wash my hair on the 3rd or 4th day because I get a dusting of tiny little skin flakes on my scalp, no amount of brushing gets rid of it.

I don't like to get my hair wet (other than misting) between washes, it tends to make my hair feel greasier and lank.

elusive0204
September 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I wash once a week and either CO or WO the rest of the days. I have to wet it everyday because it's a mess in the morning --->:silly:

tinabcurly
September 6th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I CO once a week. In between I WO & condition to wear it curly-probably 4 times. The rest of the days I might go curly & do nothing (those are rare days- it looks like a nest in the AM usually) or put it in a bun.

sahiba
September 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I use shampoo twice a week and rest of the days are WO. But... wet hair everyday.

blondecat
September 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I guess my hair is used to it, I was washing once a week, rincing everyday, and my hair *normalized* now doesn't even get greasy looking untill the 2 week mark.

Good Luck and keep trying :)

GoldenRed
September 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
WO is water only, yes? So, just getting the hair wet?

I go for a few days between washing and just rinse with water sometimes, then rub some essential oil in it.

blondecat
September 6th, 2008, 11:33 PM
WO is water only, yes, as far as I know.

When I say rinse, I use teppid water through my hair for about 4-5 minutes and lightly tossle the scalp.

Hot water doesn't seem to leave my hair silky, cold water just makes my hair a *glue factory*

Does this help ? :)

[I love EO's they smell great ]

annielauri
September 7th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Ok, I tried CO washing last night. I lightly oiled my ends and then bunned it. Wanted to see what it was like this morning and here 13 hrs later, it is still wet. So, when you guys "wet bun" do you let it air dry for a bit first and just put it up damp?

rossjen
September 7th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I use shampoo every 3-4 days and use just water the rest of the time. I think it keeps the oiliness more in check for me.

manderly
September 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I didn't realize so many people wet their hair between washings. I don't at all, except for a mist if I get wonkies.

I actually thought most people didn't wet their hair between washes. Maybe I'll give it a try again, I wasn't fond of the results.

freznow
September 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I didn't realize so many people wet their hair between washings. I don't at all, except for a mist if I get wonkies.

I actually thought most people didn't wet their hair between washes. Maybe I'll give it a try again, I wasn't fond of the results.

You'll have to note that there are a large number of LHCers, and the amount who do this or that is probably best found out in a poll. Individual threads are typically fairly biased in who responds.

Typically I don't wet inbetween, just occasionally. If your hair doesn't like it, listen to your hair! It knows what's best.

jessie58
September 7th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I use WO on my hair ever single day and go through spurts of not wetting it for days too. If I were to wait until my hair felt or looked dirty to wash, then I'd be waiting forever. WO makes my hair clean and shiny. I do have to wash with a diluted shampoo a day or two before touching up my roots though. WO allows me to keep shampoo away from my hair.

AnneAdeline
September 7th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I never wet my hair between washes (about every 5 days or so). I hate dealing with my hair when it's wet, so try to wet it as little as possible. When showering but not washing my hair, I put it up in a bun.

danacc
September 12th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I wash twice a week. Other than that, my hair does not get wet (except when my scalp sweats a lot, or I swim, and then I usually do a quick WO or maybe CO depending on how it feels).

For me, one of the benefits of infrequent washing is a significant decrease in the time my hair spends wet.

thankyousir74
September 12th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I WO between my CO days. I WO for about 4 days in a row. Unless I worked out excessively or swam in a pool.