PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion!

MAO
November 18th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I have an appointment this Wednesday to get my hair colored. The stylist swears I would look awesome with gold/copper hair. I've always thought my skintone is too cool to carry off golden colors. What say you? Should I insist on sticking to ashy colors?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7642&d=1384785474

Sorry the pic is so large....don't know how to resize. I promise I'm not angry, it was sunny when I took the pic :)

bythesea
November 18th, 2013, 08:05 AM
When I clicked the link I didn't see a picture :shrug:

If you like the idea of more golden/coppery hair you could ask your stylist if you could start out with some highlights first!

TiaKitty
November 18th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I'm not good with seasonal color analysis stuff... but allllll I have to say is, upkeep! Would you have to go in more often to get your roots done? Do you want to keep spending $$$ to have touch-ups and such?

Can you tell I'm super cheap?

Just by looking at you, I think it would look good for you to be coppery around the face... You're braver than I to even consider it!!!

Madora
November 18th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I agree with TiaKitty, re: expense.

However, I think you should trust your gut and opt for something complimentary to your skin tones (sorry, couldn't see the pic).

MAO
November 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Sorry, the album was set to private. Oopsie! It is now public :)

bunzfan
November 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
You have a similar skin tone to myself i have done my natural brown and red as it is now the red tones suit the skin tone alot more! i agree it would look great.

ErinLeigh
November 18th, 2013, 09:03 AM
you are so pretty :)
Have you ever been close to that shade before? If you haven't been warm before it may feel very brassy to you.

ErinLeigh
November 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM
To answer your question, yes I think It would look nice.

MAO
November 18th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Awww thank you :flowers: That's the first time anyone has ever told me I look pretty without makeup!

spidermom
November 18th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Try a temporary formula first. On the face of it, I think copper would be nice, but I'm not as sure about golden.

UltraBella
November 18th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Most natural redheads and strawberry blondes have a cool tone to their skin. Cool undertones & warm hair color are a fantastic combo. However, you're going to have to be every specific about what colors you're willing to consider. Ask to see color swatches so you have a good indication and what she's suggesting.

WilfredAllen
November 19th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Personally, I like to stick within warm colours (I have a warm skin tone). If I wear cool colours (or if i were to dye my hair them) I immediately look sick. I'm sure if everyone else is like that though. Ack sorry this is an unhelpful post >.< personally, I wouldnt do it.. too much risk and upkeep, plus I adore ashy colours

lapushka
November 19th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I second Madora when she talks about expense, and are you willing to go every month, few months to get touch ups? What about your natural color. I say that suits you *very* well!

martyna_22
November 22nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Have you tried changing your colour in a computer program, say, GIMP? It's extremely easy and it'll tell you the truth whether it suits you for sure. :)

Crumpet
November 22nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
Some good suggestions here for how to pursue color and what you should consider. I don't have a lot of experience in this matter but I wanted to say that you look lovely in your photo already and you seem to be the type who would look lovely in many different colors. Have fun with color if you like but you look fab already!

Rio040113
November 22nd, 2013, 05:02 PM
I think a coppery red colour would suit you nicely, although I do have to echo what others have said here about the upkeep/expense. Also there's the growing out to consider, doing your roots/touch ups can be a pain in the butt and you'll likely not want to keep the colour forever. Just my 2 cents :D Be sure to post pics of your results!