PDA

View Full Version : Post haircut pyoing attacks...

Hatsumomo
September 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM
So as I posted earlier, I had my hair cut so I can grow out colour/ shorter bits etc. Well I forgot about the idea of hair being lighter and went to wash it to be met with 80s disco Flashdance hair of doom....well okay it's not that bad but I was surprised....anyone else get this?

amiaow
September 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM
*Giggles*

My hair is only neck-length and I get 80s Flashdance hair of doom sometimes. It's funny how the lack of weight means it has twice the volume!

As for how to smooth it... generally mine settles down about I don't know, 6-8 hours after I wash it (which is a long time to have 80s hair), or you can adjust routine- use heavier products, maybe use a leave in or a bit of oil after you have washed to help keep things smooth and pointing downwards.

Against the advice of some, there is always a good blast with the hair dryer... :eyebrows: I use mine to dry my hair off in winter & blast my bangs, and if you dry it pointing downwards it tends to stay there :)

Dolly
September 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
So as I posted earlier, I had my hair cut so I can grow out colour/ shorter bits etc. Well I forgot about the idea of hair being lighter and went to wash it to be met with 80s disco Flashdance hair of doom....well okay it's not that bad but I was surprised....anyone else get this?

:rolling: I just couldn't stop laughing when I read this......I have very thin, fine hair, that is stick straight and no matter how much I cut it, I couldn't have the Flashdance hair of doom......BUT when I was young and stupid, I used to keep it permed....I had it THEN.....

Bucatini
September 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
My hair gets "chop shock" where it basically freaks out immediately after being cut. It takes a few days to be normal again.

Hope yours settles down for you!

ChloeDharma
September 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Your hair is quite resilient anyway isn't it, so given you are keeping it this length until the henna has grown out (i hate to say i told you so but i DID repeatedly warn you it's permanent! :p) you could always heat style it straighter, i'd use heat protectors/cones though if you do this and wait a while before trying cone free. Mind you, i can never keep track with you....one minute you are all earth mother ubernatural even wanting to herb wash only.....even vegetarian, for all of 12 hours lol....next you are vosene, cones, flat ironing and god knows what else!
I'm sure it looks great either way though hun :flower:

Hatsumomo
September 7th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Glad my disaster could be of amusement;)!

I've now slept on it and it's a little less massive but still curlier than I've seen it really. Had to change my curl classificaton:confused:

ChloeDharma - Well it most certainly is permenant;)! I'd be happy if I didn't have to henna it all the time but the colour stayed lol, just too messy and carpet killing. Anyhoo, I'll have time to do the Earth Mother thing when it's all virgin.