PDA

View Full Version : Next stop, knee-ville! PIC!

longhairedlady
November 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone! I recently became aware that my hair is alot longer than I thought it was! So naturally I am super obsessed with it now and took a million pictures! ;) My hair high will wear off soon and I will forget about it, but until then I wanted to share with everyone!

Also, if you look at waist through hip area, you can see my bangs that are growing out. Big mistake that I wont make again!

I attempted to make hair goal markers for each one. I recently had a huge hair growth spurt and I think its due to me starting whey protein shakes. Im not saying thats the "secret" or anything, just that is what I have done differently lately!

To everyone that needs a little inspiration, keep growing and try and forget it when you can! I have had all different lengths of hair (including a super short pixie years and years ago!) Enjoy every length you have, especially the shorter lengths. You can do so much with it that you just cant do with long hair. One day you will miss being able to do so much with your hair. But then you will be in the world of very long hair and it will be a whole new hair world! :D (Yea rambling, hope that was inspirational lol.)

Anyway here is my pic and I hope everyone enjoys it! Is it odd that my hair doesnt feel long? I mean when I look at my pics I can see that it is getting a little long, but it just doesnt "feel" long to me lol. Maybe when I reach knee length it will feel long to me. :p

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/c675016d187c9edde9d89a5e3aaa08e3.jpg

citywolfe72
November 17th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone! I recently became aware that my hair is alot longer than I thought it was! So naturally I am super obsessed with it now and took a million pictures! ;) My hair high will wear off soon and I will forget about it, but until then I wanted to share with everyone!

Also, if you look at waist through hip area, you can see my bangs that are growing out. Big mistake that I wont make again!

I attempted to make hair goal markers for each one. I recently had a huge hair growth spurt and I think its due to me starting whey protein shakes. Im not saying thats the "secret" or anything, just that is what I have done differently lately!

To everyone that needs a little inspiration, keep growing and try and forget it when you can! I have had all different lengths of hair (including a super short pixie years and years ago!) Enjoy every length you have, especially the shorter lengths. You can do so much with it that you just cant do with long hair. One day you will miss being able to do so much with your hair. But then you will be in the world of very long hair and it will be a whole new hair world! :D (Yea rambling, hope that was inspirational lol.)

Anyway here is my pic and I hope everyone enjoys it! Is it odd that my hair doesnt feel long? I mean when I look at my pics I can see that it is getting a little long, but it just doesnt "feel" long to me lol. Maybe when I reach knee length it will feel long to me. :p

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/c675016d187c9edde9d89a5e3aaa08e3.jpg

Sooooo beautiful ! . . . CONGRADULATIONS ! The little picture is my newest length . I had hair to the bend of my legs , but had a bad " oops " with a drain , and lost almost a foot back in October . . . Or I think that was when it happened . . . Anyway , it is just now starting to grow . . . With a lot of extra care and oiling and my BH helping with the washing/drying of it , I think has helped a great deal . . . .I'm sorry for rambling. . . Anyway I'm really excited for you ! . . . Beautiful colour !

Sillage
November 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Wow LongHairedLady, that's spectacular growth!

lapushka
November 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Congrats on your growth. Doesn't seem like you're that far off from reaching knee. Half a year? A year, maybe? Anyway, hope you reach your goal soon, and happy growing. Fabulous looking hair!

Of the Fae
November 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Oh my god that's beautiful!
How long did it take you to reach that length?
Congratulations! And thanks for the uplifting words!!

longhairedlady
November 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM
citywolfe72, thank you! Oh Im sorry about your hair accident. I am scared of things like that too. I am super paranoid about where my razor is when Im in the shower. I would hate for my ends to get whacked by it! And candles scare me sometimes lol!

sillage, thank you! I just hope I dont go into so huge stall now lol.

lapushka, thank you so much! I have no idea when Ill get to knee. I will have some trims between now and then. And please God dont let me stall lol.

Of the fae, Thank very much! Well I have grown and cut alot lol. I had a big cut in 2008 (or 2007?) I had a perm and cut it back to my neck to get rid of the permed ends. Here are my pics from April 2012 and 2013:

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/80e7363e9091ed54aac4479018dbd303.jpg

Tini'sNewHair
November 17th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Ahhh, i was just taking my monthly growth pictures and felt so sad that my hair is still so short (BSL) but then i read what you said about enjoying every length because (hopefully) i wont be there for long and it wont be the same again... BUT THEN, i saw your pictures and that made me put my hair up in shame straight away haha kidding, but yeah your hair is SOOOOOOOOOOO STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! My DREAM hair over and over again. So thick, LOVE that hemline even tho i love mine to be blunt i still wouldnt mind yours because it looks so nice at that length. I LOVE your colour, the texture, EVERYTHING!!!!! Hope you get to knee soon as well :) Cheers.

longhairedlady
November 17th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Tini, BSL is a great length! Long, but still not too long where it stops you from doing fun stuff with it! I loved my hair from BSL-waist. It felt long to me and I was able to wear it up or down and it never bothered me at all or got in the way! Have fun with your length! Thank you so much for the compliments! :)

Tini'sNewHair
November 17th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah thats true about being an easy length, I dont have any complaints so far. Its not catching in anything and i can easily put it up very fast so for this reason i try my best to live in the momment. I hated every other length up to this point sooo much that i always had it up and only now ive started letting it down because it stays on my back nicer. My hair behaves better with length. I can feel wanting to do benign neglect again tho... I will be content at waist but until then i cant help but feel very annoyed with this length to. Sorry for my ramblings :(

sumidha
November 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Wow what beautiful hair, and beautifully thick all the way down the length!

longhairedlady
November 17th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Thank you sumidha! :)

Madora
November 17th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Your hair is beautiful...and healthy looking, longhairedlady! You can see the patience and dedication you took with it!

DweamGoiL
November 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Simply stunning!

LauraLongLocks
November 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I want hair like that. It's beautiful.

mariakatija
November 17th, 2013, 07:06 PM
i love your hair!

Silverbrumby
November 17th, 2013, 08:03 PM
With hair that thick at almost knee it looks like floor is very doable. Fabulous growth and hair. So beautiful.

longhairedlady
November 17th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Madora, Thank you lady! I do have patience, but only with my hair. In other aspects of my life it doesnt apply unfortunately lol.

DweanGoil, Thank you!

LauraLongLocks, You will! One day you will all the sudden realize that its longer than its ever been and it will take you by surprise! :)

mariakatija Thank you! I love your hair pic in your avatar!

silverbrumby Thank you! I cant even imagine my hair that long!

ShieldMayden
November 18th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and inspiring, it's so thick and healthy!!! :)

Scelesta
November 18th, 2013, 12:17 AM
I just have to say your hair is beautiful! The color and the length both look amazing. :)

longhairedlady
November 18th, 2013, 01:08 AM
SheildMaiden, thank you so much. :)

Scelesta, Thank you for the compliment! I read your thread and I have to say I love your natural color and your curls! I always wanted curly hair and actually permed my hair years and years ago! I ended up doing what you did and cutting off all the damage. Not a pixie cut but it was a bob! Pretty short. I have grown it out from that, with some cuts and trims in between that. I hated to lose the length (it was almost hip length, but with tons of layers and perm damage) but it was so freeing to not have the damage anymore. It was like a clean slate! I hope that you enjoy your new hair and have lots of fabulous new healthy growth! :)

farmlass
November 18th, 2013, 02:19 AM
*drool* Your hair is gorgeous, so thick, I hope mine looks like that when it's all grown up!! Am I right in thinking you've gone from classic to mid-thigh in about 6 months? That's pretty impressive!

Agnes Hannah
November 18th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Oohhh its beautiful! I'm droolling....

bunzfan
November 18th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Said it on FB and i'll say it again your hair is simple incredible :thudpile: :thudpile:

spidermom
November 18th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Nice how it's still thick through the ends. I think that's way too much hair for me, so I'll have to enjoy yours.

earthybee
November 18th, 2013, 06:41 AM
So gorgeous! Congratulations on your beautiful hair.

rock007junkie
November 18th, 2013, 06:41 AM
That is some gorgeous hair! Definitely inspiring!

longhairedlady
November 18th, 2013, 01:22 PM
farmlass, Well I think when I took that pic I might have already been past classic, pushing fingertip. But yea that pic was 6 months ago! Only thing different I have done was add whey protein. I even had a pretty big surgery in september lol.

agnes hannah, Thank you :)

bunzfan, Thank you for saying it again!! :o

spidermom, I love your new style you have! Its very nice looking!

earthybee, thank you :)

rock007junkie, I am glad it is inspiring to you! That is mostly why I posted it. When I first joined here, and even now I would look for hair that inspired me and kept me going when time was dragging for me!

1nuitblanche
November 18th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Wow! Your hair is so long and so thick!! It's amazing!

OUKess
November 18th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Awesome hair!! Just beautiful!!!

nobeltonya
November 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Wow, awesome hair! :D :agape: :luke: :disco:

Red Rapunzel
November 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Longhairedlady: Wowie!!! I love your length and fullness!! Mine reached mid-thigh once, but did not have your thick hemline!! Yours is a mass of cascading gorgeous brunette locks! I'm enjoying it all vicariously. Thanks for sharing!

longhairedlady
November 18th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Thank so very much, 1nuitblanche, OUKess, and nobeltonya!

Red repunzel, thank you! Do you think you will be growing that long again? :)

kitana97
November 18th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Oh wow! It's gorgeous. Hmm, maybe the protein shakes are a good idea.

joflakes
November 19th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Wow, your hair looks beautiful! Good growing!

Teufelchen
November 20th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Longhairedlady, your hair looks lovely.

That is indeed a great inspiration. :cheer:

Thank you for posting.

Hairwish
November 20th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Gorgeous! :)

SongofLove
November 20th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Soo beautiful :inlove: Congrats!!

How did you get such a thick hemline? Do you do microtrims frequently? Or is your hair just naturally have little taper?

Ani Ta
November 20th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Your hair is stunningly beautiful! I love this pic :) Do you have a length goal?

longhairedlady
November 20th, 2013, 03:01 AM
kitana97, I really do think that accounts for me most recent growth, which to me seemed fast. But I was not really paying to close attention to my hair other than the last length shot in may. So Im not 100% sure!

joflakes, teufelchen, thank you so very much! You each are very kind! :)

Hairwish, Absolutely love your hair! The length, the color, the waves, the ends. All of it!!

SongofLove, I do microtrims. Sometimes the amount I trim varies. Sometimes it is a light dusting, sometimes 1/4 inch. Then occasionally I will cut 1-2 inches. Just really I go by how my ends start looking. I quite S&D because I did notice it thinning my ends! I think that has helped also. I also wear my hair up almost all the time. I very rarely wear it down, so my ends stay pretty protected. Above all else, I think that has helped the most. I do have taper, but my hair is pretty thick and a little on the coarse side so it doest show up alot. And it being darker, I think that hides some of my thinness at towards the ends. I do have a taper, I will braid my hair and post a shot of it to give an idea if I remember! :)

Ani Ta, Well my next goal is knee. I have always said that I will try and continue to grow as long as my ends are healthy looking and even. For myself that is important to me. I admire all kinds of hair types, and styles, but on myself thats my preference. I used to have a fairy tale type cut. It was a perm with huge amounts of layers and I just grew to not like those type ends on myself! every since then my goal has been to have it all one length and blunt. Maybe one day I will get bored with it too and change the hemline lol!