PDA

View Full Version : esp for Dulce (& others): more photos

spidermom
November 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Know how you hair looks perfect just before a planned haircut?
Yesterday afternoon (braid waves:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/eaea2047-a2bd-4da7-8537-f3f71cff245e_zps1564ae06.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/eaea2047-a2bd-4da7-8537-f3f71cff245e_zps1564ae06.jpg.html)

So pretty! It was hard to give that up, except with my left thumb/wrist/forearm out of commission, and my hair being too snarly to adequately comb out and twist up, I felt I needed a shorter style.

This is how my hair looks after washing and combing spray gel through this morning:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/c7c8d228-cbf9-45c4-b018-836bf7dc6fe8_zps2517db66.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/c7c8d228-cbf9-45c4-b018-836bf7dc6fe8_zps2517db66.jpg.html)

I will have to remember to not comb it and see what my natural texture is like next time I rinse or wash my hair. I'm really curious (and hopeful) to see if my 2C wild-looking wave/curl come back.

alyanna
November 16th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Beautiful Spidermom!
I bet you'll get some crazy curls as soon as the haircut settles.

Yozhik
November 16th, 2013, 11:21 AM
So pretty, Spidermom!

I'm also really curious to see what your waves/curls look like. :flowers:

When I cut my hair back, I was expecting it to be much curlier - like it was a few years ago. However, in the meantime I had also gone off hormonal bc, so while it was wavy, it was not super-curly. There are probably other factors, too, like moving from humid Virginia to humid-but-colder Massachusetts.

AmyBeth
November 16th, 2013, 12:03 PM
The gods have blessed you with some particularly wonderful hair, Spidermom.
Um, I'll bet this was asked and answered before my time here, but why "Spidermom"? I actually like spiders. Do you?

spidermom
November 16th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I do like spiders, as long as they're way over there and not on me, except for my spider tattoo of course. So the name is for the tattoo and the fact that some of my hairs are so fine that they resemble spider silk, and they web up when wet. Also, I'm a writer and a spinner/weaver, all of which carry the spider totem.

Tota
November 16th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Your new haircut is amazing, spidermom! Such a beautiful mane! And it's still long from many people's perspective, so no remorse there ;)

spidermom
November 16th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I agree; no remorse. I may miss my long hair from time to time, but for where I am in my life right now and what I want to do in the near future, shorter is better. I will keep reminding myself of that.

long&blonde
November 16th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I love your v-cut spider mom! Betting your 2c curls come,springing back!

0xalis
November 16th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Cuuuuuuuuute! ♥

Islandgrrl
November 16th, 2013, 11:36 PM
It really does look beautiful, spidey. And it's still long.

kitschy
November 17th, 2013, 09:34 AM
You inspired me. Yesterday I got almost the same exact cut. Of course it looks totally different on me, but you made me realize that length, for length sake was not something I really aspired to. I want my hair to be long, but I enjoy the ease and curls in my shorter hair. Thanks spidermom!

swearnsue
November 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Hi Spidermom! Is your hair always that thick and full or did you get that with the spray gel combing out thing you did? I'm wondering because we're the same age and my hair is so much thinner! Just wondering if I could get that nice thick hair look with some kind of magic spray gel stuff?

Oh nevermind, who am I kidding. *sigh*

summergreen
November 17th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Your hair looks stunning, I love the V cut and it really suits your hair...which looks so thick!! Will you wear it down a lot now? (I would!) :)

Wildcat Diva
November 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
You inspired me. Yesterday I got almost the same exact cut. Of course it looks totally different on me, but you made me realize that length, for length sake was not something I really aspired to. I want my hair to be long, but I enjoy the ease and curls in my shorter hair. Thanks spidermom!

Pix, Pix! Where can I see some?

jacqueline101
November 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I love it and it looks good on you. I'm glad you have no remorse. I'm hoping you will tell us your new hair curl pattern.

lapushka
November 17th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I had mine cut into layers this August/September, to waist length as well, and no regrets either. It was almost TBL before that, then hip, then waist, then layered waist. I loved the ease of this style! Hope you enjoy your cut as much as I do mine. We used the ponytail on the top of the forehead method here, and did a home-cut, though. My waves have sprung up a little. I'm sure your wave pattern will be back to "normal" soon!

Crumpet
November 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Gorgeous both before AND after! I'm so glad you're happy with it!

kitschy
November 17th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Pix, Pix! Where can I see some?

I'll take some and make a post tomorrow.

Tini'sNewHair
November 17th, 2013, 04:10 PM
LOVE your hair, still very long and sooo beautiful :) I'm glad that you chose to do what makes you happy :)