November 16th, 2013, 09:24 AM
That's gorgeous!!

Farver
November 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM
This is so lovely!

sternchenfine
November 16th, 2013, 02:07 PM
very pretty!
unfortunatedly i donīt have short enough hair to do the outer bangs.. did you cut it that way? Without those bangs it will look far less romantic i suppose

lapushka
November 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM
unfortunatedly i donīt have short enough hair to do the outer bangs.. did you cut it that way? Without those bangs it will look far less romantic i suppose

I'm guessing the bangs were especially cut short all around. It's a pretty style, no doubt, though I'm sure it would not suit me (my hair is too oily for one).

makeminea99
November 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I love it! I also notice she's got a 1930's style tutorial on her channel, off to watch that one too, I've a 1920s/1930s themed night out approaching in December and was wondering what on earth do do with my hair! :)

Annibelle
November 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Omg it's soooo pretty. But anything would look pretty with her hair, IMO.

Andeee
November 16th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I actually like the more simple Regency style she's done even better (both are lovely though). She must really love that time period to have cut those little 'bangs' all around her head. You could easily do the same style without them, but I guess it wouldn't be perfectly historically accurate then.

kme81
November 17th, 2013, 11:15 PM
That is my video! Thank you for all your awesome compliments, they really do mean a lot to me! :flowers:

Anyways, I thought I would give a back story on my bangs (or fringe, or whatever they should be called ;)). I had not had bangs in 12 or so years, but last April I cut that interesting(?) style in. It started out as a vague sort of copy-cat of Arc691 sister's hair, ex. http://691superlonghair.blogspot.com/2013/04/chinese-knot-bun.html, and as it grew I realized that I could have some fun with it at this length. So my Regency style bangs were more of a happy byproduct, rather than the initial target! :D Isn't it great how things work out!?

ShieldMayden
November 18th, 2013, 12:54 AM
That is my video! Thank you for all your awesome compliments, they really do mean a lot to me! :flowers:

Anyways, I thought I would give a back story on my bangs (or fringe, or whatever they should be called ;)). I had not had bangs in 12 or so years, but last April I cut that interesting(?) style in. It started out as a vague sort of copy-cat of Arc691 sister's hair, ex. http://691superlonghair.blogspot.com/2013/04/chinese-knot-bun.html, and as it grew I realized that I could have some fun with it at this length. So my Regency style bangs were more of a happy byproduct, rather than the initial target! :D Isn't it great how things work out!?
I LOVE the video, your hair is absolutely gorgeous and inspiring - so thick and beautiful! I'm amazed you have the patience with such beautiful elaborate updos and I had to watch the whole thing through. Love it - and those bangs are great!

longhairedlady
November 18th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Love the video, the destruction helped answer a couple questions I had. I think even I might be able to do this lol. I am not good a updos, but you made it look pretty simple. :)

sternchenfine
November 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM
thank you kme81 for answering my question about the fringe/bangs :)
so they have a more funny background than i thought - no serious historical geekyness^^
i think this fringe-thing is perfect to avoid looking boring from the front, when the beautiful hairstyle is only visible from behind!

kme81
November 21st, 2013, 08:45 PM
thank you kme81 for answering my question about the fringe/bangs :)
so they have a more funny background than i thought - no serious historical geekyness^^
i think this fringe-thing is perfect to avoid looking boring from the front, when the beautiful hairstyle is only visible from behind!

Thanks. :) It is pretty amusing that the historical aspect was accidental...in real life I am a history major at university! Haha!

Demi-Plum
November 21st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Her hair is so thick and perfect for that style. My hair is quite thin so I don't think it would look as good on me sadly....

Venefica
November 22nd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Beautiful style but I do not have hair in various lengths like that. I have bangs in front and that is about that, could be interesting to try a variation though.