PDA

View Full Version : A little question about split ends

BowTie
November 16th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Okay, my single hair is almost transparent and I have lots of them! Basically if you look my hair very very close you will see all those strands and making them all look neat takes ages. When I look close I just think my hair looks terrible. However, I haven't seen any split ends. I feel stupid to ask but should you be able to see split ends in your fallen hair?

I wonder if it is just my hairtype or do I really have a hair that can't grow pass neck:(

I also decided to add a picture. Is not very good, sorryhttp://i39.tinypic.com/t8p2cy.jpg

norsbaby85
November 16th, 2013, 04:52 AM
do you dye your hair? its possible that your ends are just so brittle that they break off. i used to have that problem when i used dye it and it was never able to get long.

redtuss
November 16th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Hi BowTie!

If I remember correctly you just started taking "better"/LHC care of your hair? I have a vague memory of that you have been bleaching earlier?
Bleach makes hair weird, my own when I was doing it in my teens in order to have wacky hair colours was like straw but it didn't matter to me at the time.

Your bleached hair is not your hairtype, it is damaged hair. Damaged hair is hard to grow long. So don't worry about that - it will take some time to get an improvement. What you can do in the meantime is to baby it and try to take care of all your hair, both damaged and natural bits.
By doing that your natural hair will grow and if you choose to microtrim away the damage eventually you will have a healthy head of hair that is your hairtype and there should be no problems with growing it out!

How does your hair react to oiling? Oiling can make the hair look more sleek, is the untidy feeling of your hair due to the hairs getting tangled in each other or how do you mean?

BowTie
November 16th, 2013, 05:03 AM
do you dye your hair? its possible that your ends are just so brittle that they break off. i used to have that problem when i used dye it and it was never able to get long.

The last time I dyed it was in August and I'm growing my colour out so not dying anymore. My ends don't break off or feel brittle. I shed very little.

BowTie
November 16th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Hi BowTie!

If I remember correctly you just started taking "better"/LHC care of your hair? I have a vague memory of that you have been bleaching earlier?
Bleach makes hair weird, my own when I was doing it in my teens in order to have wacky hair colours was like straw but it didn't matter to me at the time.

Your bleached hair is not your hairtype, it is damaged hair. Damaged hair is hard to grow long. So don't worry about that - it will take some time to get an improvement. What you can do in the meantime is to baby it and try to take care of all your hair, both damaged and natural bits.
By doing that your natural hair will grow and if you choose to microtrim away the damage eventually you will have a healthy head of hair that is your hairtype and there should be no problems with growing it out!

How does your hair react to oiling? Oiling can make the hair look more sleek, is the untidy feeling of your hair due to the hairs getting tangled in each other or how do you mean?

I'm babying my hair. The last time I bleached it was cut into chin lenght. Since then I have been babying it.. no heat, no back combing, coconut oil before every wash, SLS free, keeping my hair up, using wooden combs and BBB and sleeping with silk scarves. I haven't done any microtrimming as I'm afraid to do it myself.. I'm currently living abroad (moving back to my own country in a month) and I'm afraid to go to hairdressers here .. I have lots if new growth, my hair feels thick and it grows fast.

MeowScat
November 16th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Hi BowTie!

I have Fine hair like you, and it can be difficult to see split ends on them since its hard to see. Your hair looks great, just because your ends look thinner is not a bad thing...it's normal. My hair is the same.

If I don't comb my hair many times when I wear it down, I looks messy and tangles alot!

My hair type is close to yours, and I know how frustrating it is. My hair is almost Classic Length and I never thought it would get this long. I wear my hair in a bun every day and if I wore it down, it would break off and be much shorter. Keep looking for split ends to S&D, but if you find none, you're lucky!

My advice is to wear your hair up, and don't worry about it. Your hair is beautiful!