PDA

View Full Version : Scalp Acne

cranberrymoonz
November 15th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I don't think there is a thread specifically on scalp acne yet, at least I couldn't find it. If there is, I'm sorry, please redirect me there. I know there are many people suffering from zits on the scalp or even severe acne, and I would like to discuss everyones experiences and remedies!

First, I have a question. I get zits on my scalp from time to time. I'ts not that bad, usually only three or four of them, but they're quite annoying. When I get the rare zit on my face I usually dab them with a tea tree remedy, and that works brilliantly, but how would you treat spots that are covered with hair? I currently wash my hair every week, and I would like to keep that way. Also, I do quite a bit of scritching and BBBing. Is that bad?

ludwig20
November 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Have you tried dabbing a bit of diluted tea tree oil? Some users also report having luck with tea tree shampoos.

If I'm not mistaken, BBBing helps redistribute oils. Maybe that's contributing? Personally, scalp zits result from CO washing... too bad. :( I love it otherwise.

anax
November 15th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Your scalp is skin so I dont see why you couldnt apply tea tree in the same way as you do on your face? I also get one or 2 every now and again and i just try to leave it alone and let it go down on itself, i used to pick at them when i was anxious and get loads all the time from spreading the infection. The thing is if you cant see them as your hairs covering it its best probs to just apply the t tree and leave them to go down x

Majormiles
November 16th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I get spots on the scalp, but I also have very greasy hair and skin so I have to wash every other day. I would use the tea tree if it works for you

Bagginslover
November 18th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I get scalp spots after ec-very wash (no other time though...). I have to admit to popping them. If I don't, they just get really sore, so I pop them and they're gone in a day.

mbondare
November 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I also get scalp acne. I find that scalp massages with oils help. I use hemp seed oil, tea tree oil, rosemary, and lavender. I believe lavender has anti-inflammatory properties and tea tree oil has antibacterial properties (correct me if im wrong). If I do a scalp massage with those oils at least once a week I am able to keep my scalp acne free. I usually leave it on for a few hours or overnight. Hope that helps!