PDA

View Full Version : Red Toner! Be Gone? Please help.

NayaP
November 15th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Back ground info is that my hair is long with two year old color that had mostly grown out and my hair took well to the color lifting for my highlights. I cant afford to go to a salon,I wish i could though. A professional one.

Thank you all ALOT for your help!! A woman's hair is her pride ^_^

NayaP
November 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I dont know why,but it didnt put my whole text in...

"The day before yesterday I went to a cosmetology school to get my hair done. I have a friend studying there. Nad idea,I know. Anyway,I asked for all over highlights in ash blonde and to tone out all my red pigment gone. Long story short,they put strawberry toner AND ash toner on me. Now my head is copper. I need to know how to remove all the red pigment. Should I use Color Oops,then a toner and a dye or just an ash toner or just ash dye? I dont want red in ANY way in my hair. I dont know why she put it in there,I asked to have all my red reduced. Not added to. "

10000days
November 15th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Hey, from my experience the least damaging way to get the red tone out of hair is to mix blue dye (those semi-permanent tubes that don't need to be premixed with anything) with conditioner and use it every time you wash (or do a deep treatment). Do some research to find out which colour (blue or green or a mix) will neutralise copper because I'm no expert.
Colour removers work but I'm pretty sure they do cause mechanical damage- I would avoid it.

ErinLeigh
November 15th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I dont know why,but it didnt put my whole text in...

"The day before yesterday I went to a cosmetology school to get my hair done. I have a friend studying there. Nad idea,I know. Anyway,I asked for all over highlights in ash blonde and to tone out all my red pigment gone. Long story short,they put strawberry toner AND ash toner on me. Now my head is copper. I need to know how to remove all the red pigment. Should I use Color Oops,then a toner and a dye or just an ash toner or just ash dye? I dont want red in ANY way in my hair. I dont know why she put it in there,I asked to have all my red reduced. Not added to. "

I have used color oops. But if brassy is your problem you won't like the results. It takes hair very brassy usually. I never found much damage but hair is dry and porous for a few days. SMT would help a lot.

If you are already the right shade but wrong tone, there was a girl on here who mixed manic panic or directions and it came out great. Purple for blonde. Blue for copper. She mixed the colors with loads of conditioner until she had a very light pastel shade and applied to the hair colors as needed. Results were amazing.
There is a thread somewhere here.