PDA

View Full Version : People who sleep with silk scarves!

BowTie
November 14th, 2013, 03:13 PM
So, today I found a big real silk scarf. I think I'm going to sleep with it as I don't have a satin pillowcase.
I have a few questions:
1. Has it helped your hair?
2. Have you noticed any change/s in your hair?
3. How do you wear it?

endlessly
November 14th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I normally sleep with my hair wrapped in a scarf and loosely braided, so I think that has helped me the most. My biggest obstacle is tangles and by keeping every strand in one place, I've been able to avoid them. Haven't ever tried a silk pillowcase, though.

monsoonstorm
November 14th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I've found I have less frizz, my hair seems calmer. I use a silk pillowcase, hair loose.

Bombadillo
November 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Does the silk slip off the head more easily, as in do you find it next to you in the morning instead of where you left it? At least more so than a cotton bandana would?

BowTie
November 15th, 2013, 05:00 AM
I slept with a silk scarf last night. I made a turban and it stayed pretty well. And I move a lot in my sleep. My hair was totally tangle-free in the morning.

Leery
November 15th, 2013, 06:39 AM
I've been sleeping with a silk scarf for six months or so. I bunch and tie my loose hair into it in two quick steps that I can't really explain in words, but it stays all night. My hair is a lot silkier and hardly ever tangles, despite being loose inside the scarf (it's only BSL though, it might be necessary to braid it at longer lengths). The best part is how comfortable it is, and how well I sleep when I don't need to worry about the placement or containment of a sleep braid.

Melisande
November 15th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I put a silk scarf on my pillow... for many years now. It's great, my hair doesn't tangle and it's smooth in the morning. No split ends AT ALL.