PDA

View Full Version : My normal shed

chen bao jun
November 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
This is how much hair I fingercomb out every time I wash (more or less once a week). I actually also fingercomb my hair every day and get hair out also so it's not a week's worth or anything.
I'm not posting it because I'm upset about it, I'm posting it to point out that some of us just shed a lot.
Actually, this is about 1/3 of what I used to shed when I washed before LHC--and I still had really thick hair back in those days. It's done this all my life and I never have less hair.
I'm posting this to be reassuring, as sometimes newbies start paying attention to their sheds for the first and get nervous when there's no need. Of course if you know what you shed and there's a change, pay attention.
Drains and carpets don't like me.
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/hairshed112013_zps164258b1.jpg (http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/hairshed112013_zps164258b1.jpg.html)

jeanniet
November 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
You probably threw the hair away already, but could you retake the picture with a quarter or something for comparison? I think I probably shed a comparable amount, but I always take the hair in the shower as it sheds and roll it into little balls for easier cleanup. I'd say I usually have about a quarter-sized ball of hair after.

chen bao jun
November 14th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Oh! I didn't think of that.
I did throw the hair away. But I can tell you, 6 or 7 times the size of a quarter.
I get maybe a quarter sized during my normal daily combouts.
Maybe next week I'll retake with an object nearby for comparison.

0xalis
November 14th, 2013, 02:51 PM
This is actually quite reassuring, thank you! I do agree that some sort of object to compare to would be helpful, however I can tell that it is a lot of hair. I've shed a lot my whole life too, but right now I'm going through a noticeably large shed and it makes me quite uncomfortable because I just got my thickness up! :(

Squiggy
November 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I also shed a lot! It's been a joke at our house for years. On a normal day I probably lose around 100 hairs; I can't imagine what it would be like to not need to sweep on a daily basis!

sarahthegemini
November 14th, 2013, 04:07 PM
What a nice idea for a thread :)

lapushka
November 14th, 2013, 04:39 PM
That's about the amount I lose weekly, not counting daily sheds. Great you started the thread. Often newbies can't get a grasp on what is a normal amount to shed, but I guess it can vary for everybody.

Rio040113
November 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I'm pretty much the opposite, I lose less than 50 hairs a day, easily, it's probably somewhere around 30-40? I should count properly! I guess I'll shed more as my hair grows back in ;) (Trich.)

vindo
November 14th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I usually shed very little hair. During hair loss episodes I lose 60-100 hairs however, which causes noticeable thinning* and patchy regrowth on me! How odd some shed large amounts without thinning.

On a side note - your hair is very curly so I feel more could accumulate until wash day. Have you tried removing all shed hair and then combing out your hair after one day to see how much you shed? I think it would be most accurate.
Almost everyone gets more hair on wash day, especially if you wait long :)

*ponytail measurement, overall look, more taper and thin ends, thin temple hair

Silverbrumby
November 14th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I was getting around 70 in my morning comb out then 10 plus multiple times a day. ArOund 150 most days over the past four years. Nothing stopped the shed until three weeks ago. I didn't know if I've finally solved the issue, time will tell. If it's still down to 70 a day a day a few months from now I'll post.

In the four years I've lost a lot of volume down my length. 2.5 At ponytail down to pencil thin brAid at bsl. It is thick on my scalp but that disappears rapidly.

chen bao jun
November 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I just ordered a broom for people with pets to try to help with the carpet full of hair problem.
I alone am keeping the local Walmart in business so far as those wire traps for the drains.
I guess its funny in a way but its also a darn nuisance.

I also shed a lot! It's been a joke at our house for years. On a normal day I probably lose around 100 hairs; I can't imagine what it would be like to not need to sweep on a daily basis!

chen bao jun
November 14th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I usually shed very little hair. During hair loss episodes I lose 60-100 hairs however, which causes noticeable thinning* and patchy regrowth on me! How odd some shed large amounts without thinning.

Emichee, I am sorry you have hair loss episodes. I am glad to see that your hiar looks very thick at the moment and hope it has recovered permanently. Those episodes must be so stressful.

By no means do I mean to suggest that people do not have problems with thinning sometimes. But there is a certain amount of people thinking they are thinning on these boards when they aren't, I hope my thread will be helpful with that.

Iknow it sounds odd for someone to lose so much hair so constantly and not have any less but I really have always been this way. It's not curliness trapping hair either, as most black people have curlier hair than I do and do not shed giant hairballs, it's a personal thing, not a trait associated with being curly. I don't know if it's associated with being thick. More hair so more of it goes into telogen or whatever phase that is at the same time? I'm just guessing, though. Maybe other thickies can weigh in as to if they also shed so much.

chen bao jun
November 14th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Definitely not thinning.
Again, I hope this makes some of you worry less.
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/hairtyping3c3_zpsa735b187.jpg (http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/hairtyping3c3_zpsa735b187.jpg.html)

duchess67
November 14th, 2013, 06:56 PM

On a side note - your hair is very curly so I feel more could accumulate until wash day. Have you tried removing all shed hair and then combing out your hair after one day to see how much you shed? I think it would be most accurate.
Almost everyone gets more hair on wash day, especially if you wait long :)

*ponytail measurement, overall look, more taper and thin ends, thin temple hair

Emichiee, you do have a wealth of knowledge! I read your blog, it was very informative. I'm glad to know that you are healthy now. Bless your family, your son is adorable. Btw, I couldn't get to the part of the forum (German), got some jumbled words. But I did read whatever you had written in English.

I did see the pics there and saw how much you shed, I was amazed, compared to that I shed a ton. I'm lucky after all these years of shedding I still have hair left on my head. May be it's my age. I had a lot of hair when I was young. I never used heat or any styling products while growing up or even now. Once a month I do colour my grey roots, that's it.

After reading your blog I wanted to try out the shampoo you use...Lol. Wonder whether that's going to change anything for me..:) I have placed an order online, as it isn't available here in the stores.
When I had thick hair I didn't bother much about it. Only when I started losing more did I start noticing. That's when I came across LHC and became a member and since then have become a bit hair obsessed...:)

chen bao jun
November 14th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Good luck to you, too, Duchess67.
This may not be your problem, but when you mention that you color your grey roots, do you think you may be sensitive to that? I know my grandmother thought she had age related thinning and as soon as she stopped coloring completely, she got all her thickness back. I think some may react to the dye somehow, jsut a thought, though.

vindo
November 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Chen bao jun
Yes, it would be the telogen phase and I wonder too if that is a possibility. I only know that a certain percentage of the hair is in the telogen phase while others go through Anagen or Katagen, but I don't know if more hair means that percentage will be larger.
Sometimes it is hard to say who has thick and who has thin hair since fine haired people can get a smaller ponytail measurement despite a good amount of hair. But since we can't count....;)

Duchess67

Thank you :) I am really thankful every day that I got better.

Shedding isn't exactly age related, but with age certain things can change. Menopause can cause hormonal imbalances for example. I always say many things are common, but not necessarily ideal.
If shedding that leads to a reduction in overall thickness isn't related to anything you did to your hair like products, it is most often a health issue (includes hormones), or lacking nutrients of some sort.

chen bao jun
November 15th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Emichiee, you certainly do have a lot of knowledge. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm sad that you went through losing hair, but glad that you got the knowledge to share with us.
Yes, fine haired people can be unaware that they have thick hair and the ponytail measurement is very far from infallible. I think usually hairdressers let people know though when they have thick hair, they can tell by comparison from touching lots of hair. Curls can also make you look like you have more hair than you do, also though again, being black, I know lots of people with hypercurly hair where it still looks thin. And I also know many, many women, a majority of black women my age actually, who have visible bald spots, receding hairlines and other such problems. Its so common that articles are written on the problem of 'traction alopecia' among black women. I feel fortunate not to have any of these issues, but honestly, its not only luck, I did chemically straighten my hair at one point, but stopped long ago. I never did the tight braiding, hair extensions and weaves and the other things that lead to this problem among black women specifically. In the case of black women, the thinning hair and baldness and hair breakage is ALL due to horrible hair care, and many are not even old.

I do think it would be good if more were informed about what good hair care is, in general. then it would be easy to sift out who is actually having problems due to health and nutrition and who has actual age related problems (there are some women, though not a lot, who are genetically wired to lose hair at menopause, I read about this recently, I'll try to find the article. It was in a British newspaper--but the dr. was also saying that there was an explosion of hair loss there among younger women for reasons other than genetic (poor hair care and stress)
Chen bao jun
Yes, it would be the telogen phase and I wonder too if that is a possibility. I only know that a certain percentage of the hair is in the telogen phase while others go through Anagen or Katagen, but I don't know if more hair means that percentage will be larger.
Sometimes it is hard to say who has thick and who has thin hair since fine haired people can get a smaller ponytail measurement despite a good amount of hair. But since we can't count....;)

Duchess67

Shedding isn't exactly age related, but with age certain things can change. Menopause can cause hormonal imbalances for example. I always say many things are common, but necessarily ideal.
If shedding that leads to a reduction in overall thickness isn't related to anything you did to your hair like products, it is most often a health issue (includes hormones), or lacking nutrients of some sort.

chen bao jun
November 15th, 2013, 05:58 AM
My mom lost a lot of hair, so I am sensitive to this problem. She is in her 80's, so thought it was age related. Like you, she now has it all back, due to a change in hair case practices and Jamaican black castor oil. I think the castor oil does something because of sulphur? Maybe you would know. But anyway, her bald patches have all filled in and her hair is now longer than its ever been in her life.

duchess67
November 15th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Good luck to you, too, Duchess67.
This may not be your problem, but when you mention that you color your grey roots, do you think you may be sensitive to that? I know my grandmother thought she had age related thinning and as soon as she stopped coloring completely, she got all her thickness back. I think some may react to the dye somehow, jsut a thought, though.

I do think that dye contributes to my thinning. I try to stretch coloring, but after 6 weeks or so my husband will start telling me to do something about it. I have two sons, they too don't like when my roots starts showing. I started greying in my 30's, now I am 46. I was using henna at that time, used it for a few years. The problem with henna is I lose more hair with that, hence not a fan of it. Thanks Chen bao jun.

duchess67
November 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Duchess67

Shedding isn't exactly age related, but with age certain things can change. Menopause can cause hormonal imbalances for example. I always say many things are common, but not necessarily ideal.

Thanks Emichiee. I don't know what exactly is causing my shedding. I am 46 yrs of age. Blood reports are all normal. Thyroid T3 and T4 also normal. I am healthy overall, not on any prescription medication. I do take a multi vitamin, atm on prenatal multi vitamin. Biotin, Vitamin D3, and Omega 3 fish oil. I try to eat healthy like vegetables, fruits, fish and meat. My skin is healthy, nails super strong, hair looks healthy, must be because I never used heat, styling products or anything. I do use oil regularly, being an Indian that's how we were brought up. We are settled in Canada now, it's been 12 yrs since we moved here. Before that for a few years we were in different countries, my husband's job took us all over. Guess must be the water that affected my hair...who knows.

I came across a thread here about 'Diatomaceous earth'. I started taking it from today. I did do some research about it before taking, didn't want to end up having other problems associated with that.

Since being on LHC, I've become more hair obsessed. Have been over spending a lot on oils etc. Wonder whether that's all going to help. Keeping my fingers crossed.

shutterpillar
November 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM
I'm guessing I lose about 60ish hairs/day. However, when I wash my hair my shed looks much like the OP's photo, except quite a bit less curly. :D

ProverbsGirl
November 15th, 2013, 06:14 PM
This post was very reassuring today while combing after I washed. I just recently started stretching to twice a week and the shed is much more obvious.
Thanks for sharing your pics! :)

Silverbrumby
November 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM
This is an aside but I was looking at google news and saw that. Just wanted to add this here in case some women are using the pill and noticing more hair loss.

...Contraceptive Pills
It is not just stress that can have a detrimental effect on our hair, we now know The Pill can thin hair too. Several widely prescribed contraceptive pills, for example Logynon, Microgynon, Ovranette and Loestrin, all contain the highest levels of two particular male hormone derivatives, or progestins, that are linked with hair thinning – caused by the hair follicles getting smaller (and each hair growing thinner) rather than hair actually falling out. This thinning only affects women sensitive to hormonal change, but that accounts for 40% of women. The Pill is made up of both female and male hormones, ‘but look out for those containing levonorgestel and norethisterone, the two male hormone progestins that are the main culprits, they’re the most prescribed, though that’s more down to ignorance on the GP’s part. If you feel that your hair is thinning, your GP should be happy to change your prescription; ask for a Pill that has a low or no ‘androgenic’ action, like drospirenone found in Yasmin, norgestimate found in Cilest and desogestral found in Marvelon. Dianette, which works as an oral contraceptive, contains cyproterone acetate, and this can be helpful in treating thinning hair, along with acne and facial hair growth.

jeanniet
November 15th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Oh! I didn't think of that.
I did throw the hair away. But I can tell you, 6 or 7 times the size of a quarter.
I get maybe a quarter sized during my normal daily combouts.
Maybe next week I'll retake with an object nearby for comparison.

Oops, neglected to say that I wash about four times a week, and get a (compacted) quarter-sized ball of hair each time. So at least close to yours.

I think that if someone hasn't been paying much attention to shed and then comes to LHC and starts noticing shed rate, it could be rather alarming if that shed rate is high, but maybe not abnormal. It does help to have some idea of what is "normal" for you.

chen bao jun
November 16th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Glad this is helpful.
Of course as our hair gets longer, our sheds look like even more.
What I worry about is when I see short broken off hairs, not long shed hairs. Shedding is normal, hair breakage isn't and that's what interferes with growth.

chen bao jun
November 16th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Duchess 67, do try the Jamaican black castor oil, which can be bought online at amazon.com. massage into roots daily and see what happens for you. there is information on it on the web.
it did do miracles for my mom!

florenonite
November 16th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Iknow it sounds odd for someone to lose so much hair so constantly and not have any less but I really have always been this way. It's not curliness trapping hair either, as most black people have curlier hair than I do and do not shed giant hairballs, it's a personal thing, not a trait associated with being curly. I don't know if it's associated with being thick. More hair so more of it goes into telogen or whatever phase that is at the same time? I'm just guessing, though. Maybe other thickies can weigh in as to if they also shed so much.

My hair's thick, too, and I've always shed a lot. I assume it is something like you said; roughly the same percentage of hair is going into telogen phase as with thinner hair, but that means there's more hairs in total. In my case, it doesn't help that my hair is fine, so there are all the more hairs on my head than someone with coarse hair at the same circumference.

I love your curls, by the way ^_^

chen bao jun
November 16th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the compliment, Florenonite!
My hair is as coarse as can be, which I think means the shed hair is that much more visible (you can't miss seeing even a single hair, mine are each almost as thick as sewing thread).

goldenlady
November 16th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I just want to say a thank you for posting this. I've literally just combed my hair and panicked at the amount of shed hairs (which wasn't actually that much) I think as soon as we become aware of shedding.. we take it out of proportion.

duchess67
November 16th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Duchess 67, do try the Jamaican black castor oil, which can be bought online at amazon.com. massage into roots daily and see what happens for you. there is information on it on the web.
it did do miracles for my mom!

I'll be getting Jamaican black castor oil soon. Hope it helps me like it helped your mom. Thank you so much chen bao jun.

nobeltonya
November 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
While my hairballs don't look nearly that impressive :D I also shed a fair amount.. but I also haven't noticed any thinness as a result. :disco:

vindo
November 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Emichiee, you certainly do have a lot of knowledge. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm sad that you went through losing hair, but glad that you got the knowledge to share with us.
Yes, fine haired people can be unaware that they have thick hair and the ponytail measurement is very far from infallible. I think usually hairdressers let people know though when they have thick hair, they can tell by comparison from touching lots of hair. Curls can also make you look like you have more hair than you do, also though again, being black, I know lots of people with hypercurly hair where it still looks thin. And I also know many, many women, a majority of black women my age actually, who have visible bald spots, receding hairlines and other such problems. Its so common that articles are written on the problem of 'traction alopecia' among black women. I feel fortunate not to have any of these issues, but honestly, its not only luck, I did chemically straighten my hair at one point, but stopped long ago. I never did the tight braiding, hair extensions and weaves and the other things that lead to this problem among black women specifically. In the case of black women, the thinning hair and baldness and hair breakage is ALL due to horrible hair care, and many are not even old.

I know of traction alopecia, it truly is bad. Some years back during a science project we collected the experiences from women with traction alopecia and noticed different patterns between braids, dreads, extensions and tight ponytails. In most cases the damage reversed but it seemed that some hair lines were still further back and some of the extension wearing ladies had spots on their head that weren't as densely covered in hair anymore, although they were not big bald patches per se (everyone has an average hair density that can be measured.
I wish more women would know about the possible consequences.

I do think it would be good if more were informed about what good hair care is, in general. then it would be easy to sift out who is actually having problems due to health and nutrition and who has actual age related problems (there are some women, though not a lot, who are genetically wired to lose hair at menopause, I read about this recently, I'll try to find the article. It was in a British newspaper--but the dr. was also saying that there was an explosion of hair loss there among younger women for reasons other than genetic (poor hair care and stress)
With genes it is always like that - you have a genetic tendency, but different factors in life, also diet can cause a switch to turn these on. BUT, since there are actual causes that can be found out, this can also be reversed.

And yes, there are many many reasons women (and men) lose hair nowadays at an early age. Tbh when I walk around the city I see many heads of hair that do seem to have some shedding or hormonal imbalances going on and I often wonder if the person is aware of that (when the problem advances it causes a distinct texture and thinning/ taper pattern)

Thanks Emichiee. I don't know what exactly is causing my shedding. I am 46 yrs of age. Blood reports are all normal. Thyroid T3 and T4 also normal. I am healthy overall, not on any prescription medication. I do take a multi vitamin, atm on prenatal multi vitamin. Biotin, Vitamin D3, and Omega 3 fish oil. I try to eat healthy like vegetables, fruits, fish and meat. My skin is healthy, nails super strong, hair looks healthy, must be because I never used heat, styling products or anything. I do use oil regularly, being an Indian that's how we were brought up. We are settled in Canada now, it's been 12 yrs since we moved here. Before that for a few years we were in different countries, my husband's job took us all over. Guess must be the water that affected my hair...who knows.

I came across a thread here about 'Diatomaceous earth'. I started taking it from today. I did do some research about it before taking, didn't want to end up having other problems associated with that.

Since being on LHC, I've become more hair obsessed. Have been over spending a lot on oils etc. Wonder whether that's all going to help. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Have you considered giving good quality henna another try? I doubt it is the henna that causes more shedding, but maybe if you have used a henna brand with additives before that could have caused a problem. It really could be dye causing you problems.

Blood Tests are not always reliable because they can't catch everything that is going on all year...for example, you might have had low ferritin at some point or low Vitamin D, but then it went back to normal. Being in the low range however will already send many hairs in the resting phase to shed three months later.

Hormones are also something that are very difficult to find out. My blood work looked fine for the most part, yet I had horrible PMS, that does not add up...and I did benefit from adjusting my hormones with supplements.

Yeast/ fungi can also cause increased shedding. It often shows in the form of dandruff, but it can also be fairly invisible.

I have 2 posts on my blog that might interest you. The first one is about one experience I made with (facial) yeast and how it was quite hard to figure out what it really was). I have moved on to treating my scalp, which takes much longer to improve also because of the lack of anti fungal cream prescribed by my doctors.

The third post from the top is a list of possible hair loss reasons. It is good to know all these imo if you are trying to find the cause because many of these reasons listed are not commonly known and people stop searching because they think they have tried everything.

This is an aside but I was looking at google news and saw that. Just wanted to add this here in case some women are using the pill and noticing more hair loss.

...Contraceptive Pills
It is not just stress that can have a detrimental effect on our hair, we now know The Pill can thin hair too. Several widely prescribed contraceptive pills, for example Logynon, Microgynon, Ovranette and Loestrin, all contain the highest levels of two particular male hormone derivatives, or progestins, that are linked with hair thinning – caused by the hair follicles getting smaller (and each hair growing thinner) rather than hair actually falling out. This thinning only affects women sensitive to hormonal change, but that accounts for 40% of women. The Pill is made up of both female and male hormones, ‘but look out for those containing levonorgestel and norethisterone, the two male hormone progestins that are the main culprits, they’re the most prescribed, though that’s more down to ignorance on the GP’s part. If you feel that your hair is thinning, your GP should be happy to change your prescription; ask for a Pill that has a low or no ‘androgenic’ action, like drospirenone found in Yasmin, norgestimate found in Cilest and desogestral found in Marvelon. Dianette, which works as an oral contraceptive, contains cyproterone acetate, and this can be helpful in treating thinning hair, along with acne and facial hair growth.

This is very interesting.
Imho all birth control methods containing hormones are a real gamble with one's health though.

My hair's thick, too, and I've always shed a lot. I assume it is something like you said; roughly the same percentage of hair is going into telogen phase as with thinner hair, but that means there's more hairs in total.

Hm...I don't know if I count but before all my hair loss episodes my hair used to measure roughly 4 inches, so while that is not very thick it is fairly thick...
My hair did not shed more then either. I have always shed very little. Just adding my experience to the mystery :cool:

One more thought I have is that if people with thick hair AND little taper shed hair, it should be hardly noticeable. On me shedding was quickly noticeable because I had a tendency for taper, which probably had to do with many hairs not growing to a very long length.
Like I mentioned before I have been having less taper since my health bettered and recent sheds haven't been as devastating.
Last year/ this year I shed from: Oct.'12 - Apr.'13 and Aug'13 - current...so basically I am going through a shed and growing.

Joyvs
November 16th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Great idea for a thread! I've never had any issues with my shedding - my hair is short at the moment, but when it used to be long I was always clogging up the drain, but my hair was always as thick as ever so I never really thought anything of it apart from always getting into trouble for clogging things up lol!- but I really feel for people who do. This is a great idea to help people who might be worried about their shedding and what it considered 'normal' and how everyone's 'normal' is unique to them.

duchess67
November 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Many thanks Emi for all the information. I do go thru your blog post whenever I have some doubt, since you have documented it well. I'll be reading it again to learn more about what you had mentioned here. Truly appreciate it.

melusine963
November 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM
That's probably what I shed on a wash day, too. I used to measure my ponytail circumference to reassure myself everything was in order. So far, so good. :)

vikavegan_fr
November 18th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I also shed quite something in spite I dont have very thick hair. I also noticed that shedding rate changes depending on my cycle. Sometimes it's smaller, sometimes it's bigger; anyway, I got used to the amounts.

niky45
November 18th, 2013, 11:23 AM
My (plastic wide-tooth) brush was covered in hair every time I brushed my hair (note: I used that since it was kinda like a wide tooth comb. It never caused breakage, and I never ripped through tangles with it, although I used it as a detangler....). But I never noticed any kind of thinning, so, it was OK for me to see that every morning.

chen bao jun
November 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM
It's interesting that I'm not so unique after all!
Hope people stop panicking for no reason--and have the information so that they can tell when something truly is wrong.

Coolcombination
November 18th, 2013, 05:52 PM
http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss21/coolcombination/image-58.jpg (http://s558.photobucket.com/user/coolcombination/media/image-58.jpg.html)

This is my shed when I brush minimally, when I really go through it or comb while wet I shed double this

kganihanova
November 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Since I've started keeping my hair up more, my sheds have gotten so much bigger. I know its natural but when I shed a small animal when washing or actually combing, it still scares me..

Tini'sNewHair
November 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Phew!!! I can breathe again, thank you :) As a newbie, I did just that and freaked out when i saw threads about shedding :)) All good now. You have some really amazing curls there, cant believe how long your hair actually is :) Cheers

LauraLongLocks
November 18th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I've been counting shed hairs for eight days now, and my average is 26 hairs a day, with a high of 50 hairs and a low of 16 hairs. My husband thinks I've gone insane because I'm counting hairs.

chen bao jun
November 18th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the compliment! I do get frustrated to not have my length show, but on the other hand, I love being a curly girl.

Dandelion6
November 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I shed a lot too, always have. It's not alarming to me. The thickness is pretty consistent. It's just so annoying to find it on the carpet. Ugh!