PDA

View Full Version : That moment of realization

Glaceon588
November 14th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Hey everyone! So,last night I tied my hair up in a ponytail smack on the top of my head,right in the middle.Then,I realized that the ends went a little past my shoulder,which felt GREAT! (My hair used to be a little ABOVE shoulder tied like that,and I admit I'm guilty of sleeping with it loose for a while now :twisted:) I literally danced around for a couple of minutes,just because I hadn't noticed any growth for some time :cheese::happydance::disco:(Aww yeah;))

Ok,I'm done with my story :p What hair 'realizations' have you guys had recently or whenever? It can be about length,shine,softness,anything! I love hearing other people's hair stories,so.....does that make me weird:p?

Jennielee88
November 14th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I nearly danced around a bit when some of the people on here commented on my photo saying I was finally waist length again :) been trying to grow it for over a year since my hairdresser got too happy with her scissors!

Snena
November 14th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Yesterday I air dried my hair and for the first time since I don't know when, It looked great. :cool:

Long_hair_bear
November 14th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I came to two realizations recently, one good, one bad:

1. Everyone on the board said my hair was hip length..... I squeed for joy! :joy:
2. My hair may be done growing, though I pray the good Lord that its not so! :pray: I've been at 32.5" since about July. :(

dulce
November 14th, 2013, 11:19 AM
When I realized my v cut now was at BCL with dry hair,it seemed like yesterday I had to have wet hair and tip my head back to even come close.Happy dance.

starlamelissa
November 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Lol, how about the moment of realization that your hair can get wedged it your buttcrack in the shower? Equal parts ewww gross, and"yay I have long hair!!!"

nobeltonya
November 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM
It took me years of me being oblivious about my hair's texture to finally realize within the last year that it is coarse... I had no idea why it was so rough and frizzy, or any clue as to what products I should actually use on it.. my realization about length came probably when my leg would roll over it when I'm driving and taking a turn [I drive fast XD] because I keep it over my shoulder.. or when it'd get blown up and caught in the car door. Ouch! :D :disco:

Soltimus
November 14th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I've just realised that my attempt at stretching washes is actually working! The day after I was my hair would normally be looking quite heavy and oily, but now it's more or less as clean and grease free as on wash day. I'm so happy! There's no way in hell I want to have to was my now waist/hip length hair every day or even every other day!

lapushka
November 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM
When I realized it was halfway between waist and hip again, after it had not long ago (august/september) been cut to waist (from almost TBL). Yay. Small little victory. :D

Madora
November 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
That in approximately six months my hair will be truly knee length! I never, ever thought I'd achieve that length!

Aingeal
November 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I noticed this morning that my bun (lazy wrap) looks bigger. :)

dulce
November 14th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Congrats Madora! That will be a big milestone.

Amapola
November 14th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Agree with Dulce - Congratulations, Madora! What a true milestone. That is really awesome!

I'd also like to offer congratulations to the others in this thread. The long hair journey is not an easy one, and you are all to be admired for your accomplishments!

Lirona
November 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Today I realized that I'm at (or pretty close to) hip! Woohoo!

jacqueline101
November 15th, 2013, 01:56 AM
My victory was cutting out my layers and today I took my braid out because it was falling out after being done for a week and realized my hair is almost where it was before I trimmed.

Sillage
November 15th, 2013, 02:00 AM
I recently realized that come New Year's I'm going to have an entire year trim free. I didn't think I would last that long, but my hem line has been fine so far and no splits... and my growing has been pretty successful-- I'm almost at waist now!

Stray_mind
November 15th, 2013, 04:05 AM
I can finally see my roots clearly and since i am growing out my natural hair it's dance-around-worthy thing for me :)