PDA

View Full Version : Neck-Length Hair Measuring 14 inches!

Tlb2012
November 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Yikes! I just now measured my hair from the front hairline and back and down, and it's 14"! My hair doesn't even reach my shoulders yet! What is up with this?

truepeacenik
November 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
14 inches on me would be pixie. Ending at C2/C3 vertebrae.

I see why some people like measuring by number, but I prefer landmarks.

Anje
November 14th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah, the LHC style of measuring is decent for giving fairly consistent results, but it doesn't make much sense til about shoulder length. Shaved head and a bob tend to measure the same with it, which is silly. So I'm a landmark person too, at least for giving abstract ideas of length. If you want to measure the actual rate of growth over time, measuring's essential, obviously.

Jolly-Good-Show
November 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I find it kinda difficult to measure the length by number, and be precise about it. So I also prefer going by landmarks! I'm also neck, I'll be just covering collarbones by the end of march!

Marbid
November 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I find it very useful. Especially if you're doing monistat where measuring your growth rate and change in growth rate numerically is very necessary. But my husband measures my hair for me. and he does it pretty accurately every time so I'm good. I could not measure my hair myself and be accurate at the same time. So a second pair of hands is very handy.

Marbid
November 14th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I find it very useful. Especially if you're doing monistat where measuring your growth rate and change in growth rate numerically is very necessary. But my husband measures my hair for me. and he does it pretty accurately every time so I'm good. I could not measure my hair myself and be accurate at the same time. So a second pair of hands is very handy.