PDA

View Full Version : Hair frizzy after washing, but calm the next day.

icallitbliss
November 12th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Does this happen to anyone? On wash days my hair is super frizzy and seems even more fine textured than usual. Then I go to sleep (once it's all dry) and when I wake up it's normal. The frizz completely calms down, and I just have silky waves. Why does this happen? Is there any way to achieve this without having to wait a day before it looks good?

spirals
November 12th, 2013, 11:58 PM
I have the opposite problem! I can never, ever get good second-day hair. It goes up.

Arciela
November 13th, 2013, 12:02 AM
This happens to me too! The day I wash my hair is crazy and frizzy then the next day its shiny, calm and silky

0xalis
November 13th, 2013, 12:18 AM
My hair starts feeling good again after washing on like the 3rd or 4th day. I'm only a bit past collarbone but I only have to wash my hair like once a week. My hair loves sebum and hates being washed :C but If I go too long I'll turn into a greaseball. :P

monsoonstorm
November 13th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I found that mine started being calm in the morning after I switched to a silk pillowcase.

If I sleep on cotton it remains a mess.

curiouslight
November 13th, 2013, 12:27 AM
This is exactly what's always happened to me! I have to wash my hair at night, to let my hair calm down before I go outside the next day. If I washed it and went straight out the door I'd look like a mess. So far I have no other options, I've tried anti-frizz products but I find that they do nothing for the frizz and leave my hair all matted and gunky. I think I'll have to start stretching my washes out longer and longer until I don't have to deal with it so often.

ExpectoPatronum
November 13th, 2013, 12:58 AM
My hair was this way until I started using the CG method again. Now my hair looks alright most of the time. :D

yvsa
November 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM
My hair calmed down a bit when i stopped using a towel to dry my hair. Now i use a t-shirt. That reduced the frizz.

DweamGoiL
November 13th, 2013, 11:00 AM
One of the things with wavy hair is that once you comb it once to detangle after washing, you can't touch or fiddle with it anymore as it dries or else you are just asking for frizz. Letting the hair dry too much before you start tinkering with it is also not good and a regular towel does seem to also encourage frizz. Micro fabric towels tend to work best for wavies. I used to have this same issue, but now, I wrap it up in my trusty Turbie Twist while I am getting dressed, then I just put on a very light coating of a very light hold natural gel after washing with a tiny bit of Monoi oil mixed in while it is still sopping wet, and then I let it dry...completely hands off.

leslissocool
November 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mine is like that too, and I don't touch it when it dries it's just frizzy. Not finem just wiry frizz.

Braiding while damp works well on the length actually.

NuclearApple
November 13th, 2013, 11:08 AM
ahhhhhh same problem,baby hairs everywhere all up saying hello...
i fortunately found a product that calms it down quite well though :)

Firefox7275
November 14th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Does this happen to anyone? On wash days my hair is super frizzy and seems even more fine textured than usual. Then I go to sleep (once it's all dry) and when I wake up it's normal. The frizz completely calms down, and I just have silky waves. Why does this happen? Is there any way to achieve this without having to wait a day before it looks good?

Anionic surfactant shampoos change the electrical charge on the hair which can cause them to repel one another, ones at a neutral to alkaline pH can encourage the cuticle to lift, both can cause or contribute to frizz in wavy or curly hair. My hair used to do that until I switched to conditioner only washing as part of the Curly Girl method, despite major damage my hair depoufed the first week.

Jesabel
November 14th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Mine is like that but it's all wiry frizzy! And my hair is fine, but all my wiry hairs frizz up and I look bizarre until the next day.

duchess67
November 14th, 2013, 05:39 AM
I am in the same boat...

lapushka
November 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM

We use a (harsh sulfate) shampoo, conditioner (twice), then leave-in, and a serum (! very important, and can also be replaced by an oil), then gel. I (hardly) (n)ever get frizzy waves!

HintOfMint
November 14th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Same here. Damp bunning helps a little with the frizz, but it really takes a day to get the fluff to calm down. Maybe it has to do with the evaporation of water lifting the cuticle a bit as hair dries.

nobeltonya
November 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I wish mine would do that.. I have to wash every day, and either way it's still somewhat frizzy.. I've started washing at night, and also started using the Aussie Miraculously Smooth shampoo to match the Aussie MS conditioner I've been using for nearly 2 years with Sunsilk or Dabur Vatika shampoo XD The first 2 nights, I put it in a topknot. But last night I English braided it and it turned out better! :D Still rough and coarse feeling, but not as frizzy. My one envy is straight, sleek hair. :D :disco: