PDA

View Full Version : Chin Length

livelycurls
November 12th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Anyone here growing to chin length?? I gave myself a buzz cut that looks almost like I shave my head and now my hair is 4" long stretched, but its so curly it doesn't look like 1" long unstretched. My short term goal is to grow to chin length.

icallitbliss
November 12th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I'm growing from about chin length. I can fit almost all of it in a ponytail. I buzzed my head a few years ago too. Totally worth it to have healthy hair!

Absinthium
November 13th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I did the same thing, it took me exact one year to grow my hair to chin length (with mullet cuts). But my hair is stick straight, so I guess I'm not going to be too much helpful. :(

BowTie
November 13th, 2013, 05:09 AM
I cut my hair into chin lenght bob in August. Now it's around my neck:) I can't wait it to grow!

TimeForMe
November 13th, 2013, 07:33 AM
I had a pixie for years and years, then last year grew to chin length. Pixie to chin was tough, because I had to keep ketting the mullet back trimmed. Now it's a layered a-line, longer in front, still have lots of layers. I'm currently shooting for "can just barely get it in a ponytail" length. I can sort of clip the front part back in one claw clip now, but the rear sides and nape is too short, falls right out. Grow hair grow!

oatmealpie
November 13th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mine was chin length in May, and I'm almost 20" now, but mine's wavy rather than curly.

Of the Fae
November 13th, 2013, 10:01 AM
My hair is a partial buzz cut growing out and partially neck, partially ear length (it's like a mohawk).
So I am growing a part to chin. My mullet is almost at the bottom of my neck, and I won't trim it as it's the longest hair I've got now :P I wonder what it will look like after 5 months! Hope to reach chin with the buzzcut part soon!

Of the Fae
November 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
My hair is a partial buzz cut growing out and partially neck, partially ear length (it's like a mohawk).
So I am growing a part to chin. My mullet is almost at the bottom of my neck, and I won't trim it as it's the longest hair I've got now :P I wonder what it will look like after 5 months! Hope to reach chin with the buzzcut part soon!

Btw oatmealpie that's fast!

livelycurls
November 13th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Its funny how you call it a mullet :wigtongue. I would like to skip the trims on the back just to let it grow as it is and retain the most possible length. But how can I conceal the mullet part later as it grows but hair still too short to put on a bun or ponytail?

Of the Fae
November 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I'm having a hard time with that one also!
Right now I can ponytail my mullet/back length, but it looks very weird as my sides are still only about 3 cms long.
I think maybe you can put it in a clip! You know one of those grabber-thingies. They have them in all kinds of desings.
I mean these:http://sheenaspace.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hair-clip.jpg

Of the Fae
November 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I don't know what they are called :P

livelycurls
November 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I'm having a hard time with that one also!
Right now I can ponytail my mullet/back length, but it looks very weird as my sides are still only about 3 cms long.
I think maybe you can put it in a clip! You know one of those grabber-thingies. They have them in all kinds of desings.
I mean these:http://sheenaspace.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hair-clip.jpg
Yes, that's one option :)

Snena
November 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I cut my hair to short bob in June, just before college entrance exams (bad way to deal with stress). I'm hoping to go past shoulder by February. Good luck with your hair journey :D

Tlb2012
November 14th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I cut my hair to short bob in June, just before college entrance exams (bad way to deal with stress). I'm hoping to go past shoulder by February. Good luck with your hair journey :D

Good luck on your hair growth journey! My hair is in a neck-length short bob also, but quite thick and I've been cutting it back for the past year every now and then to make it more of a blunt cut. I started out with a pixie that was a little over an inch long. I had lost almost all of my hair after a bleaching disaster, and it's been growing slowly but surely. I'm going to go with what some people on here have mentioned and start doing the co washes, and see if I retain length better, retain thickness, and can possibly get a faster growth rate. I'm currently at about 1/4" per month ugh. Keep us posted on how your hair grows in the next few months!