PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Dance

In|{girl
November 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this link before but I just found it and think the video is really cool (though bad quality unfortunately)
I think their hair and the dancing are really impressive though it probably caused quite some damage...
What do you think about the video and the dancers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq3kJMcKdtk

earthybee
November 12th, 2013, 09:49 AM
That's absolutely beautiful!

Tail Feathers
November 12th, 2013, 09:55 AM
thanks for sharing !

leslissocool
November 12th, 2013, 09:58 AM
So pretty! :thud:

They are extensions though, when they grab and lift their hair you can see very shor hair underneath it. I have new growth after a shed that looks like an undercut but it's nowhere near that thick. Still pretty!

gingerclip
November 12th, 2013, 09:59 AM
It's very interesting, but I don't think they need to worry about damage because it looks like they are wearing extensions. At least some of them are, anyway. You can see their shorter hair on their backs in a few places when they sweep the long hair over their shoulders.

Long_hair_bear
November 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
everyone see this girl? it was in my recommended videos when I watched the hair dance :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SvuUcqURjZw

and I was proud of my hip length hair. :(

Tail Feathers
November 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
oh ... your eyes work so much better than mine !
it is true !!

watched it again just now !

Kaelee
November 12th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I'm really interested in the cultural significance of this...it's hard to tell without any context in the video (it could be part of a theatrical performance for all we know). I hadn't realized it was extensions.

Tail Feathers
November 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM
i would be very curious to know the sigificance, too !

Long_hair_bear
November 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM
I know this vid is from China and not Japan, but it looks alittle like the Heian period in Japan..... I could've suffered to live in Japan as an aristocrat during the Heian period!

Snena
November 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
So pretty. I have to dance now :cheer: