PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo won't rinse out of my hair...

CaitlinMarie93
November 11th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Hello, lovelies :)

I have always had the issue of never being able to get shampoo out of my hair. After I get out of the shower and my hair dries, there is always a spot that looks so greasy and is almost sticky to the touch. No matter how much I scrub, no matter how much I rinse, and no matter what brand I use, the shampoo is so unbelievably stubborn and will not get out. Because of this issue, I have had ZERO luck with CO. The conditioner makes it look like my freshly washed hair is on day seven already. I have tried clarifying, different brands, scrubbing harder, using less shampoo, using more, and the sticky greasy mess is ALWAYS there. Has anyone gone through this? Any tips!?

starlamelissa
November 11th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Someone else posted about this a month ago. I think using a clear non moisterizing shampoo, and using a sprayer to rinse, on high, and fully rinsing, ( flip your head over, lift sections of hair) is the best way to deal with this. Leave the conditioner on your lower half of hair.

spidermom
November 11th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Some ideas:
1) Try mixing 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1 pint of warm water, stir until completely dissolved, pour slowly through your hair, then use a shower comb to comb over your scalp (not your length), being sure to comb over the sticky spot thoroughly. If you have a squirt bottle, use that to distribute the baking soda solution instead of pouring. Rinse well.
2) Mix about 1 tablespoon of shampoo into about 1/2 cup of warm water, preferably in a squirt bottle. Apply in stripes over the scalp. Then comb with the shower comb over the scalp, the entire scalp, especially the sticky spot. Rinse well.
3) Use white vinegar in the rinse water, about 1/4 cup per pitcher. Rinse with water first, then pour the vinegar solution slowly through the hair and over the scalp. Comb over the scalp.
Rinse some more.

Firefox7275
November 14th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Hello, lovelies :)

I have always had the issue of never being able to get shampoo out of my hair. After I get out of the shower and my hair dries, there is always a spot that looks so greasy and is almost sticky to the touch. No matter how much I scrub, no matter how much I rinse, and no matter what brand I use, the shampoo is so unbelievably stubborn and will not get out. Because of this issue, I have had ZERO luck with CO. The conditioner makes it look like my freshly washed hair is on day seven already. I have tried clarifying, different brands, scrubbing harder, using less shampoo, using more, and the sticky greasy mess is ALWAYS there. Has anyone gone through this? Any tips!?

That doesn't sound like shampoo it sounds like waxy sebum. Try softening it with fairly hot water, washing upside down so you get to all your scalp, leaving a clarifying shampoo on to soak for a while. You could try baking soda: it is harsh but may be able to saponify (turn to soap) the build up.