PDA

View Full Version : Scalp dryness---

r00ski
November 11th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Other than flakes or dandruff (which I don't have)

Are there any other indicators to a dry scalp?

Not sure if I should be oiling mine or not, I have a bit of a problem with shedding from time to time can that be related?

Flossiebell
November 12th, 2013, 04:11 PM
I have been told I have a dry scalp by a trained hairdresser that now works in lush. I am sensitive to most shampoos as they make my scalp itch and sometimes burn, currently using blousey which I've had no reaction to yet. I cannot oil my scalp, it causes major shedding as does co washing. I don't have dandruff as such but did find that johnsons baby shampoo caused a few flakes. I only wash my hair 2 times a week at most which helps I think.

Lyv
November 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I only get dandruff ocassionally but I do have a dry scalp. Mine tends to just be really itchy I get that kind of almost tight feeling. Co washing helped me a lot so now it only really bothers me if I clarify.

McFearless
November 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Are you aware of the cause of your shedding? If you don't have a reason to think your scalp is dry it is most likely not an issue and related to your increased shedding from time to time. A little oil applied on the scalp before wash day won't hurt though.

Kaelee
November 12th, 2013, 10:24 PM
For me it's sensitivity (EVERY hairstyle in the history of ever pulls painfully) and just a general...irritated feeling that's hard to describe.

Heni
November 13th, 2013, 02:03 AM
I had dry scalp. Every commercial shampoo(with sls) made my scalp dandruffy and itchy, with non-sls shampoos I only get the itchyness and it feels so dry..I switched to CO, and the scalp is really happy, never itches. Maybe you could try just a LITTLE bit of scalp massage after washing, when your hair dried, I found it helps with the dryness also. Or a bit of oiling, just 1-2 drops.

Firefox7275
November 14th, 2013, 03:10 AM
See your family doctor or a dermatologist, they are the only ones who can diagnose xerosis (simple dry scalp). This is not linked to shedding, that is usually related to a systemic health problem or underlying dermatological inflammation/ irritation so more likely a form of dermatitis.