PDA

View Full Version : Growing out my fringe-- Different growing times for different places on my head?

r00ski
November 10th, 2013, 07:23 PM
From 1 year ago, my bangs have grown out from above my eyebrows down to below my chin, but the back of my hair has barely gained 3 inches.

WHAAAAAA… WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?? :brickwall

should also mention the fringe hair has 0 splits, my frontal hair splits like crazy and the hair in the very back is also relatively split free..

UNITE AND GROW TOGETHER I SAY.

0xalis
November 11th, 2013, 12:15 AM
You know, the distance from your eyebrows to your chin could be around 3 inches...

florenonite
November 11th, 2013, 02:09 AM
You know, the distance from your eyebrows to your chin could be around 3 inches...

That's what I was thinking. Have you actually measured the distance it's grown, or are you just estimating?

I suppose it's possible for the hairs on different parts of the head to have different growth rates, just like they can have different textures, though I've never heard of it happening. That being said, most of the time the hair is coming out of the head at the same rate, but the apparently shorter-growing hair is breaking off. Do you wear your hair up much? If not, mechanical damage from seat backs and the like could be the culprit.

furnival
November 11th, 2013, 07:39 AM

The OP would be a very strange-looking creature indeed if the distance between her eyebrows and her chin was three inches... :p That's about the length of a finger!
I also have faster-growing hair in front. I think we expect too much uniformity from the way our bodies work- people worry about asymmetrical hairlines, differing textures and growth rates when these are all normal. Perfect symmetry and uniformity is not.

Madora
November 11th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Alas, hair doesn't grow at the same rate everywhere on your head! Many of us (myself included) have "lopsided" hair...that is, hair that tends to grow faster on one side than the other.

The hair around your temples is much more fragile than the hair on your crown and needs to be handled extra carefully.

To help hair growth everywhere, you might want to try a bit of daily massage with your fingertips (in the bent at the waist position to add in better circulation to your follicles). Be sure you're eating properly also.

KellieMai
November 11th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I'm currently growing out my fringe, from eyebrow to currently just below my chin. I feel like my fringe is growing faster too with no splits where as my length has a few splits every now and then. I was thinking this May be due to the fact that my fringe is shorter and therefore the ends aren't as old as the ends of my length, also my length has had dye on it it the past where as my fringe is practically all Virgin hair x