PDA

View Full Version : My first bun drop

tetisheri72
November 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Well, sort off. I had my hair up in a LWB held with a Keytlo the other day. When I was getting ready for bed, I pulled it out to braid it. My husband was sitting on the bed behind me when I did it, and he was very impressed. He asked me to put up again and do it again. It was very amusing. I was very excited that I could do that whole pull one stick and have my hair fall gracefully thing. :D

embee
November 10th, 2013, 10:32 AM
That's a good feeling, isn't it! I've done that a couple times for people who asked how I made the updo, was it really only one stick, etc. They always are impressed. :)

tetisheri72
November 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Oh yes, it was a very nice feeling for sure. I'm happy that I finally learned how to put all my hair up with just one stick, and how to do complicated hairstyles that take 5 minutes to do. I've had long hair most of my life, but it's only been in the last 18 months I've learned how to do much with it.

martyna_22
November 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Good! :) I love the way hair just tumbles down when you let it loose :)

jacqueline101
November 10th, 2013, 11:06 AM

It's a great feeling to have to be admired for your crowning glory. I do like watching my own hair fall down gracefully when I undo it. To have someone watch you do your hair is wonderful.

tetisheri72
November 10th, 2013, 11:48 AM

It's one of the things I have always wanted to have. When women would do it in movies, I would be jealous. I never thought I would have it. And here, now, I can.

It's a great feeling to have to be admired for your crowning glory. I do like watching my own hair fall down gracefully when I undo it. To have someone watch you do your hair is wonderful.

My husband loves my hair, which I really like. He likes to sit and watch me do it. He'll even brush it out for me.

jacqueline101
November 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
My husband loves my hair, which I really like. He likes to sit and watch me do it. He'll even brush it out for me.
That's so romantic. My old man just watches says and does nothing.

tetisheri72
November 10th, 2013, 12:20 PM
He's a pretty nice guy. I think i'll probably keep him, at least for a while.

jacqueline101
November 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM
He's a pretty nice guy. I think i'll probably keep him, at least for a while.

As the saying goes isn't love grand. It goes for hair and people.

tetisheri72
November 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Yup, it sure is.

farmlass
November 11th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Aaah yes, the tumble and the shake, I love it!! (sorry, that sounds rude when I read it back, but you know what I mean!) The other day DH pulled my stick out (I think I'd just poked him in the mouth with it) and looked surprised when it all fell down. He thought I had some pins in it too!

Tini'sNewHair
November 11th, 2013, 04:26 AM
I JUST started doing buns with sticks and i LOOOOVE it when that effect happens :D hihihi and soooo much easier to do back up as well.

tetisheri72
November 11th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Aaah yes, the tumble and the shake, I love it!! (sorry, that sounds rude when I read it back, but you know what I mean!) The other day DH pulled my stick out (I think I'd just poked him in the mouth with it) and looked surprised when it all fell down. He thought I had some pins in it too!

I'd never quite gotten how people got their hair to stay up with just that one stick. Especially when their hair is really long or thick.

I JUST started doing buns with sticks and i LOOOOVE it when that effect happens :D hihihi and soooo much easier to do back up as well.

Oh yes, so much easier to do back up, 10 seconds, and there it is.

NuclearApple
November 11th, 2013, 05:58 AM
I don't have a husband cause I think i'm a little bit too young (13 XD) but it's very nice seeing your hair fall down your back :) my grandmalikes my hair but my mom doesn't care that much...so i take the mirror and watch my bun drop :)

chen bao jun
November 11th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Very nice. I love seeing that in movies, it looks so graceful. My hair will never, ever do that, no matter how long it gets, because I'm a supercurly. I used to be embarrassed at the way it doesn't fall, but sort of keeps sticking out (untll I encourage it to go down with my fingers) until I lived in China. There, people were so impressed with my hair and kept saying how beautiful it was and how wonderful that it was easy to put up. (Hairdressers actually wanted to get a chance to do my hair there, unlike in the US, and were very good at it too). So I decided all hair types have advantages.
But that drop thing is gorgeous, congratulations.
It also always looks nice to me to see a woman sitting at a mirror, brushing her hair (again, as in movies)--another thing I can't do because instead of getting shinier and shinier and looking more graceful, the more I brush the more I frizz, until I look just like Elsa Lancaster--but on the other hand, if I don't brush, I have lovely curls that people want to play with and pull on to see them sproing back (though I'm getting to the point where I wish they wouldn't, at least not without asking first..)

tetisheri72
November 11th, 2013, 06:08 AM
I don't have a husband cause I think i'm a little bit too young (13 XD) but it's very nice seeing your hair fall down your back :) my grandmalikes my hair but my mom doesn't care that much...so i take the mirror and watch my bun drop :)

I haven't done it in front of a mirror yet. I'll have to try that.

Very nice. I love seeing that in movies, it looks so graceful. My hair will never, ever do that, no matter how long it gets, because I'm a supercurly. I used to be embarrassed at the way it doesn't fall, but sort of keeps sticking out (untll I encourage it to go down with my fingers) until I lived in China. There, people were so impressed with my hair and kept saying how beautiful it was and how wonderful that it was easy to put up. (Hairdressers actually wanted to get a chance to do my hair there, unlike in the US, and were very good at it too). So I decided all hair types have advantages.
But that drop thing is gorgeous, congratulations.
It also always looks nice to me to see a woman sitting at a mirror, brushing her hair (again, as in movies)--another thing I can't do because instead of getting shinier and shinier and looking more graceful, the more I brush the more I frizz, until I look just like Elsa Lancaster--but on the other hand, if I don't brush, I have lovely curls that people want to play with and pull on to see them sproing back (though I'm getting to the point where I wish they wouldn't, at least not without asking first..)

Supercurly hair is really pretty. A woman I used to go to church with had supercurly. She would have had the Else Lancaster bit going on too if she brushed her hair. We used to talk hair all the time. Her hair always looked wild and lovely. You may never have that bun drop, but your hair sounds pretty. I love that Chinese hairdressers were excited to do your hair.

farmlass
November 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I'd never quite gotten how people got their hair to stay up with just that one stick. Especially when their hair is really long or thick.
Actually, I think the longer it is the easier it is :) My favourite is a nautilus bun at the moment, takes 30 seconds to do and you get a wonderful tumble when you take the stick out :D

tetisheri72
November 12th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I love the nautilus. That's been my go to for months. When I broke my finger and couldn't do anything else because of the splint, I could ponytail it, put an English braid in, and then put it in a nautilus. 2 minutes and I was ready to go out the door.

browneyedsusan
November 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Yay! :hollie:

I've been able to put my hair up with a stick for a month or two, and it's FABULOUS! (I sometimes have involuntary "bun falls", because it's short, but it's easy to pop it right back up!)

Now, you have a new pre-game show! :eyebrows:

citywolfe72
November 14th, 2013, 02:54 PM

I've been able to put my hair up with a stick for a month or two, and it's FABULOUS! (I sometimes have involuntary "bun falls", because it's short, but it's easy to pop it right back up!)

CONGRADULATIONS ! . . . Your hair is beautiful !

tetisheri72
November 14th, 2013, 03:05 PM

Congratulations!

And yes I do! I can whip off my glasses, and the hair, and be all sexy librarian kind of thing. :wink: