PDA

View Full Version : How should I wear my hair while sleeping?

BowTie
November 10th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Okay, I move a lot in my sleep.
I've tried braids... don't stay.
Cinnamon bun... doesn't stay
Shower cap while having coconut oil in my hair.. I took it off in the middle of night in my sleep. I bet that would happen with the sleeping cap.
Silk scarves.. the same thing.

KellieMai
November 10th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Maybe leaving it loose and buying a satin pillow case. I personally use a satin sleep cap and haven't found it slips of while sleeping, I did try using a shower cap when my hair was oiled but that came off (I'm guessing because of the oil) now I just cover my pillow case and braid when I have oil in my hair :)

Lyv
November 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
I usually leave mine loose and drape it over my pillow, I have a satin pillow case so it isn't very damaging that I've noticed.

Aingeal
November 10th, 2013, 06:19 AM
I love my sleeping caps and have not had a problem with them falling off. You could try that or get a satin pillow case.

verenikiscoma
November 10th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I can't stand caps or scarves on my head when I sleep so what I do is I got some scrunchies from boots and I make a bun of my hair on top of my head, it looks ridiculous! I then secure an old silk scarf on my pillow, with some safety pins on the underside, and that seems to work out fine. If you don't have a silk scarf big enough to cover one side of your pillow then you can look at your local fabric shop for some silk remnants. It is very cheap and works really well.