PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to wash...

NayanRose
November 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I guess I've got a few questions for ya. I've been lurking around for a while, reading and learning since September. I started my hair experimenting doing CWC at the beginning of October and have been doing it all month to give it a fair go and see if it's what my hair likes. I've decided it's not bad, my hair is softer but I want to try other methods. In that month I added coconut oil and found out I can't use it on dry hair, it works well as a leave in on my wet hair though. My problem is that even before finding LHC I only washed my hair once a week on Sunday and on Wed/Thurs I'd rinse and condition my hair no water hits my hair on the other days, it's still what I'm doing.

So I've only done CWC four times, tomorrow will be five, is that really enough time to figure out if this is the method for me?.... mind you I'm thinking that since I'm looking to try other methods that it's not what I want.

Would you move onto another method if you'd been reading up on it and wanting to see if it's for you? I'm going to try CO washing.

Since I'm already stretching washes and I don't intend on going more time right now, would it be damaging for my hair or change how soon my hair gets oily again if I started to wash more?

I just want to find the right method for me but I want to give each one a good chance, I'm just so anxious to wash again.

Lyv
November 9th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I don't think it would damage your hair to switch routines but I think you need to give it more time to see how your hair reacts and to find products that work for your hair type.