PDA

View Full Version : Full Circle: One Year Anniversary

AJoifulNoise
September 6th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Actually, my year mark is tomorrow. But, I won't be online for it, so I figured I'd do this today. First of all, I want to thank all of you wonderful, wonderful people for not only supporting my hair goals, but also for giving me a friendly place to rest while my world has been shaken and turned upside down. It's meant the world to me to have a place where I am accepted for who I am. Each and every one of you are priceless and a big blessing. :flower:

Now for a recap from the year!

When I came here I was just past BSL with over half of my hair dyed red. I was determined to grow it out and I planned to never cut my hair again for religious reasons. I had discovered CO while lurking on the boards all spring and summer. I soon learned about updos, combs, hair friendly brushes, and hair toys. But, even after learning all I could (though I find I'm still learning stuff), I stuck around because of the fellowship- the people. It's rare that I even post on forums. I usually read all I want then move on. But, this place is more like home than an internet forum.

And now for pictures:

Timeline
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/ayearofhair.jpg

This past summer I left my church and reevaluated my religious convictions and personal feelings. I decided I really could cut my hair. And, it was a relief. My ends were beyond help... Scraggly and thin. I had been hiding them in updos for months.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/haircut.jpg

I was and am sad about the loss of length, but I have no regrets. The new ends are so soft and my hair is so thick! I now plan to trim at least every 6 months. That means it will take longer to reach my goals, but I will be happier with my hair when I get there.

This is my most recent picture, from Friday September 5:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/September052008Upload001.jpg

And so I've come full circle. I started out at about this length and I've returned to it. But, I've grown in more ways than just hair while I've been here and I don't think I could have done it without the support of this community.

:toast: So, lets toast to one year passed and the beginning of another. May I bring to this community all the joy and love it has given to me.

Euphony
September 6th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Your hair does look a lot better, 110% better. The cut was a good choice IMO. Very pretty, thick, shiny hair!! Congratulations on getting the beautiful, healthy hair you want. Your hair also grows pretty darned fast, in a year you'll be back to where you were - so it's all good!

I trim every 6 months, it seems to be a good time to trim. I'm happy I do it, I lose that length so my goal is taking longer. But my hair is very soft on the ends, pretty thick (still have these layers though) and is nice and full. Your twice a year trimming will help your hemline a great deal

GOOD JOB!!

Xandergrammy
September 6th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Congratulations, AJoifulNoise!!! (you joined on my birthday!!) Your hair looks beautiful and you are a much loved member of this board. I'm so glad you found us!! :smooch:

Paniscus
September 6th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I've always thought you had beautiful hair. Honestly, I hadn't noticed the ends looking "scraggly" at all. However, the cut does look nice and I agree, it looks so thick! I've been debating a small trim (haven't trimmed in over a year now) to even up my ends. You may have just inspired me! Thanks for posting and congrats on your one year anniversary at LHC. :disco:

skay
September 6th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Your hair looks wonderful: it look lush and healthy!! I like the nice, warm brown shades I see there. Your hair's beautiful. :)

Thanks for sharing your journey. :)

dor3girl
September 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Wow! Looking at your hair photos--you can TOTALLY see the difference the trim made to the thickness of your hair! It's like a new head of hair!

Your hair is gorgeous! I am happy that you like it here & have found things that work for you!

Honey39
September 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! The most recent photo is definitely the best - your hair is thick, and glowing with colour and life, it's absolutely beautiful!

For me, I personally prefer thickness and quality over length for length's sake, so I've been trimming an inch every three months. I just love the blunt cut ends you've got now, they are just beautiful.

I'm glad you're happy with your hair - I think that's the main goal for people, to LIKE their own hair!

camara
September 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Yay for comparison pics! :grin: Especially when they are showing such gorgeous, shiny hair as yours. Congrats on the anniversary, you´ve come a long way!

SweetPea88
September 6th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Congratulations! I always look forward to your posts here and am so happy to celebrate your anniversary! Your hair looks wonderful and is definitely at its best!

Miss Murphy
September 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Congratulations sweety, to your year, your growth, and your waist getting tinier in every pic! :eye:

Here's to more year, journal entries and good hair days! :toast:

HeatherMae
September 6th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Happy Anniversary to YOU! You have been one of my hair inspirations since I came here. I can't help but smile great big each time I see your beautiful hair. :) It looks so soft and shiny and I love the color. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Periwinkle
September 6th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary!

I've always thought you have stunning hair :D

darkwaves
September 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Your hemline looks so thick, and your hair has a great healthy sheen. Congrats!

SchnauzerMom
September 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary. Your hair is very beautiful, so thick and shiny.

jessie58
September 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
What beautiful hair you have. Congratulations on your one year anniversary.

dorothea-brooke
September 6th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Wow -- that's an amazing difference! Your hair looks glorious. :)

You're making me re-evaluate my own no-trimming stance...! :ponder:

Congratulations on your hair-iversary! :flower:

Forlorn Reverie
September 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful.

Chamomile betty
September 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Your hair is beautiful.
Congrats on your anniversary!

serious
September 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I love your hair, beautifull color and shine !

And it seems to me that you ve got some great weight loss, am I right ? congrats on that too ! I wish I could do that :)

tomm
September 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary, AJoifulNoise! Your hair is looking so vibrant and healthy in these most recent photos.

:blossom:

xrosiex
September 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Congradulation on 1-year here. I think your hair is beautiful. Shiney, healthy and it looks strong. Thanks for sharing. Your one of the LHC best longhairs!!!!

prosperina
September 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Your hair looks so lovely, big improvements in quality. I'm glad you are here on this site. :)

WURW
September 6th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Congratulations. Your hair looks beautiful.

angelthadiva
September 6th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Congratulations! You have really grown this past year, and I'm not just talking about your hair...Which looks fantastic btw!! I like your hair both ways [pre and post cut], but the trim pic sure does indicate your ends are thicker.

You have been a sweetie to me, and such an encourager, I really count it a joy to call you friend.

Blessings,
xo

psvzum
September 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM
What a beautiful post : )

You have got absolutely GORGEOUS hair!!! Thank you so very much for sharing the growth timeline through your lovely photo's.

FrannyG
September 7th, 2008, 06:25 AM
What a beautiful anniversary update. :cloud9: You're hair really looks beautiful, and the difference is incredible. You're a lovely LHC member in every way. Happy anniversary! :blossom:

paper
September 7th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Happy Anniversary AJoifulNoise :flowers:

Your hair looks just beautiful, shiny, & healthy!

AJoifulNoise
September 7th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Aww, thanks everyone! Such lovely replies and blush-forming compliments. Ya'll are the best! :cheese:

I know I said I wouldn't be online today, but I had a few moments and I just had to sign on!

Congratulations sweety, to your year, your growth, and your waist getting tinier in every pic! :eye:

Here's to more year, journal entries and good hair days! :toast:

I love your hair, beautifull color and shine !

And it seems to me that you ve got some great weight loss, am I right ? congrats on that too ! I wish I could do that :)

Yep, I think I stare more at the shrinking waist then my hair! :lol: It's exciting to see photographic evidence of it!

Happy Anniversary to YOU! You have been one of my hair inspirations since I came here. I can't help but smile great big each time I see your beautiful hair. :) It looks so soft and shiny and I love the color. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Oh yay, nothing makes me happier than when I can inspire someone else. Maybe something- I love making people smile. You've made my day!

Congradulation on 1-year here. I think your hair is beautiful. Shiney, healthy and it looks strong. Thanks for sharing. Your one of the LHC best longhairs!!!!

Bolding mine. Wow, thank you!

Congratulations! You have really grown this past year, and I'm not just talking about your hair...Which looks fantastic btw!! I like your hair both ways [pre and post cut], but the trim pic sure does indicate your ends are thicker.

You have been a sweetie to me, and such an encourager, I really count it a joy to call you friend.

Blessings,
xo

*tackles Angel* Thank you, girlie!

What a beautiful anniversary update. :cloud9: You're hair really looks beautiful, and the difference is incredible. You're a lovely LHC member in every way. Happy anniversary! :blossom:

Bolding is mine. Thank you FrannyG.

You've all put a big smile on my face. :D

Patrycja
September 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Awesome user title ;) :p You know I'm one of your biggest fans :) Congrats and here's to many more anniversary's!

AJoifulNoise
September 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Awesome user title ;) :p You know I'm one of your biggest fans :) Congrats and here's to many more anniversary's!

:D I sat here and stared at the cursor for so long... Trying to think of something clever... And finally gave up. lol

CurlyNinja
September 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful, and I'm so glad you're happy with where you are right now.

redbark
September 7th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Your hair looks beautiful in every pic Ajoifulnoise :smooch: As do you!

girlcat36
September 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Haappy anniversary! Your hair look so healthy and full! The trim was a good idea(even though I hate to lose length as well).

may1em
September 7th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Congrats! You do have beautiful hair.

You were one of the first people's hair I started following when I joined. I remember you being excited about the cinnabuns with little clippies and then going out and buying some myself.

intothemist1999
September 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Congrats on one year!!! :toast:

Wow your hair is looking so nice!! Those ends are totally "pat-able"! :)

coolbreeze212
September 7th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Congrats! Your hair is so beautiful! So shiny and full-looking.

Katahdin
September 7th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Congratulation!

I remember when I first came to LHC and saw your siggy pic, it really stuck out to me. So gorgeous and thick! :flowers:

Arctic_Mama
September 7th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Wow, your journey is amazing and your hair looks STUNNING with that trim. It is glossy and FULL of vitality. Congratulations on ALL types of growth you've experienced, hard won though some of it has obviously been.

Wiwasteka
September 7th, 2008, 09:46 PM
It was fun seeing the progression of your hair growth. It's the toughest thing to trim our hair isn't it? But the rewards are beautiful, thick hair!

My Great-Grandmother used to trim my hair on the full moon, (not the new moon), because she said it encouraged hair to grow. Since my Granny was a psychic, I believed her and only trim my hair on the full moon. My hair has continues to grow long, and whether it's the full moon, or just good healthy hair care, something is working! :D

sexyjacksparrow
September 8th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks for sharing your photos - your hair looks great!

Happy anniversary!

Merkaba
September 8th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Beautiful, soooooo shiny! Love the color too, Congrats!

Melisande
September 9th, 2008, 03:55 PM
That's a good oppurtunity to tell you: I love your hair, I never noticed anything scraggly... but you seem to have better eyes... I was always so fascinated by the shine and color and thickness and texture... and I love your posts. And your nick.

I wish you all the best for the re-evaluations in your life, hair- and otherwise. I'm sure you make the right decisions in other areas as well as here.

Your hair looks in great shape!

Indigo Girl
September 9th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Congratulations! What a beautiful transformation your hair has taken! It looks lovely, shiny, and healthy. :bluesmile

WritingPrincess
September 9th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Congratulations, Ajoifulnoise! You joined about the same time that I did, yet it always seemed that you'd been around longer. Your hair is beautiful - and so are you!

Stagecoach
September 9th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Congratulations on 1 year AJoifulNoise! It's been great having you on the boards! :hug:

LuXious
September 10th, 2008, 09:52 AM
My goodness. Healthy envy is what I feel now. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful mane you've got there! It's so glossy and rich and healthy. Now I'm sure I want to grow these layers out.

So, here's to your stronger, longer healthier hair and more importantly your stronger, healthier heart and mind. You're a valuable person around here.

Nightshade
September 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
How did I miss this thread! So beautiful, and you've come such a long way in a year :flowers:

Here's to a beautiful head of hair that sits atop a beautiful brain!

SHELIAANN1969
September 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Wow, your hair looks healthy and sleek, like a pretty kitty cats mane! (hope that didn't sound TOO weird?)

That's the best word to describe it though, sleek!

Congrats!!! :flower:

Arctic
September 10th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Happy late anniversary AJoifylNoise! I'm a bit late but you're a very important part of this community and your hair is really beautiful!

danacc
September 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Congratulations!

You have beautiful hair. And great work on the weight loss, too!