PDA

View Full Version : High porosity and hair color ;_;

massivecnqstdr
November 9th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Does anyone else have major color grab and major color fade? It drives me INSANE! I wish my hair could be a somewhat consistent color, but it grabs so much and lets it all go so quickly! I've tried semis, permanents, professional permanents, and henna/indigo. I'm hoping once my hair is longer and I can put it up I'll be able to stretch washes a lot...

Anyway, have you all found any solutions?

Also, is it possible that heat styling fades hair color somehow? For some reason, I feel like when I blow dry my hair more often the problem gets worse. I could be crazy! :confused:

Sillage
November 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Don't they use protein fillers for that purpose? I seem to recall a liquid protein product that you mixed in with the hair color...

Coolcombination
November 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
The more porous your hair, the more it will absorb dyes, the same theory should mean that your hair lets it go just as quick. I would use a protein shampoo/conditioner before you dye to fill in the gaps in your hair.
I find that using heat appliances dulls my hair, so it looks less vibrant, heat strips your hair of moisture giving it a dull appearance.

Lyv
November 10th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Mine is like that with chemical dyes but not with henna. I started adding a protein filler to mine and it really helped keep the color consistent and it didn't fade as fast, they have it at sally's in different colors.

massivecnqstdr
November 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
So you use protein filler with henna? I haven't really thought of trying that. Do you mix it or apply before?