PDA

View Full Version : Picky hair?

Long_hair_bear
November 8th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Hey everyone!

Just wondered if anyone else had picky hair. My hair isn't terribly picky when it comes to shampoos, but conditioners and oils, :run:

Sometimes, it will even like a conditioner or oil for the first few times then hate it afterwards :rant: By "not like" I mean it makes my hair look greasy (even if just a small amount is used) or makes my hair tangly.

I have tried conditioner after conditioner and oil after oil, and my darn hair has incredibly selective "likes". Thusfar, it only likes Pantene Ice Shine conditioner on a consitent basis for conditioner and only nightblooming panacea and oil for oils. Nothing else. Nill. Nada. Zilch. Forget about it. The only other thing it likes is aloe vera rinse.

Therefore, I'm taking a leaf out of Seeshami's book and naming my hair "The Picky Mess!"

Anyone else have super picky hair? Rant here! :)

Oldfashioned
November 8th, 2013, 08:12 PM
My hair hates any and all conditioners so I have to do lots of oils instead. A leave in oil after showers and adding a little more before bed almost every day. Weird huh?

Saldana
November 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM
My hair dislikes protein. It gets crunchy and stiff and brittle and flat and....kind of....waxy feeling. Hates it. It also is very picky about oils. Coconut seems to be the current favorite. It doesn't like olive oil or almond oil. Jojoba oil is sometimes okay. And shampoos? It is extremely picky about shampoo and conditioner. Easy on the sulfates, and minimal cones.

girlcat36
November 8th, 2013, 09:13 PM
My hair is super picky. It hates most conditioners and oils, but I NEEEEED conditioner because I'm curly! It doesn't like most shampoos, I generally use a diluted organic shampoo. It doesn't like ACV rinses, either.
It does like baking soda--- a lot!

I've finally figured out that my hair wants me to wash it every night and then go to bed with wet hair. I get frizz free moisturized curls that way without using a ton of conditioner.

lillithnight
November 8th, 2013, 11:02 PM
My hair is picky about cones. 90% of the time it makes my hair feel gross beyond belief. It does other weird little things to. I can only use coconut oil to seal if I use another sealer over it. I'm considering just using it as a leave in or a prepoo. That way at least with it as a leave in I can use a sealing oil on top that will truly seal instead of penetrating my hair.

Sillage
November 8th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Hmmm I don't know weather my hair is picky or not...

florenonite
November 9th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Mine is! At the slightest provocation, large chunks of it will dry looking like they were never washed at all. Whether that's because I used the wrong shampoo/conditioner, I bunned it while damp, I've washed in different water, or it just plain feels like it, it tends to dry greasy.

martyna_22
November 9th, 2013, 06:12 AM
My hair is terribly picky! And my scalp as well... I've found ONE brand of shampoo that makes my hair and scalp both nice.
And my hair hates oils.. It took me 2 years to finally get that, I've tried coconut, olive, flaxseed, avocado, castor, sweet almond and argan oil.. and my hair is TERRIBLE after each one, after some worse than the other. Whether I use it as a pre-shampoo treatment/a tiny little bit on the ends/whatever it is yucky. Since I stopped using them I and I switched to masks/conditioners/so on (only if my scalp/hair accepts them) I've started liking my hair!