PDA

View Full Version : Silly detangler question.....

gonzobird
November 8th, 2013, 07:10 PM
In my quest to find the perfect "organic, natural" no chemical yuckiness detangler, Im in love with a few, but they aren't perfect. Close to it, but the grass isn't always mowed and greener, so I digress.

Has anyone here tried babys detanglers? Like any of these.....http://safemama.com/2011/04/26/safemama-cheatsheet-safer-de-tangler/

I have fine hair, but lots. So why wouldn't these work for me? In particular, I'd like to try Gaia Natural baby; ingredients seem legit, and the reviews seem good.....

Any thoughts?

AnqeIicDemise
November 8th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I used to the johnson's no tear detangler myself. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Usually the formulations have a little bit more slip, smell better and are gentler. -shrug-

I make my own now because I'm cheap like that.

gonzobird
November 8th, 2013, 07:47 PM
What do you put in your home made stuff? And is it "slippery"?

GreenBloodyShoe
November 9th, 2013, 12:24 PM
I have tried baby set angler, but the one I use is definitely not organic or natural. I use Suave Kids Double Dutch Apple Detangling Spray and it works really well. All I have to do is spray it on a section of my hair and the tangles slide right out. I have fine but ultra dense and thick curly, somewhat kinky hair and when I use this I can detangle my entire head of hair in under ten minutes. Kids products will usually work well, natural or not, because kids tend to not like getting their hair done so their products have to be formulated to work quickly, effectively and be pain free. I think California Baby has a set angler that works pretty well and is organic. My sister in law uses it for my nephew and niece's type 2 wavy hair.

alabaster
November 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Have you tried Kinky Curly Knot Today..... best all natural de-tangler i have ever tried!

bananahanna
November 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Have you tried diluting your conditioner in a spray bottle? that works for me pretty well :)

ositarosita
November 9th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I make my own at the moment until my real detangler/ leave-in comes in ... I'm working on finding more natural products ... currently I just take my purified water + current conditioner + oil all in a spray bottle shake it up and tada

MeowScat
November 9th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Johnson's Baby Oil (Mineral Oil) can work well, also. Only a drop or two on damp hair. It seals in moisture as well, but only use a teeny-tiny bit! I used 20 drops the first time I tried it and it took many washings to get rid of the greasy look. It adds a pretty shine, too! :)

Naiadryade
November 9th, 2013, 09:51 PM
A few drops of extra virgin olive oil works wonders for detangling my hair. Also for preventing tangles.

AnqeIicDemise
November 9th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Its one party conditioner of your choice, three of water and a smudge of your favorite oil. Shake well before using. I use a rather small, travel size bottle and I use one quarter tea spoon off olive oil to the mix.

ETA: original post was done by phone. I'm clearing up typoes and fixing bad grammar / Essentially if your conditioner fits your bill, a detangler/leave in made of it would be perfect. And yes, it is quite slippy. You can make it slippier by adjusting the oil ratio, I suppose.

GabrielleRose
November 9th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Not sure if this is natural or not, but it works wonders and you can choose you're own scent. :)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/66540088/custom-scented-leave-in-conditioning?ref=shop_home_active

gonzobird
November 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Thank you thank you everyone. I broke down and bought the Gaia baby stuff. I can't keep forking over $40 for Leonor grey detangling milk. I live bumble and bumble prep.... but silicones I swear make my hair feel like silk day one... then dry the crap out if it by day 4. I need to be able to reaapply moisture everyday and have that detangling silky feeling.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try the watering down my conditioner thing. :)