PDA

View Full Version : My First Hairstyle Compliment!

Amahaitz
November 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM
This is a terrible picture, but it's the best I can do... :) This morning I must have tried five different hairstyles, and nothing would work because my hair is so dirty and blah today. I decided to try braiding a scarf into it and just did it and tried not to worry about it anymore. At lunch time I went out to the bank and received my first hairstyle compliment!

vanillabones
November 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Well it's very pretty I love the color and length of your hair. I can't imagine it only being your FIRST hair compliment. :D I would definitely say something too! I see longgg pretty mature hair everyday at my job and I always compliment on it.

Foxylocks
November 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Your hair really is a lovely color. The scarf is a nice accent. For some reason I always fail whenever I attempt to incorporate a scarf into my braid.

AnqeIicDemise
November 8th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I would not have known your hair was dirty in this picture. It still looks soft and pliable. When I'm nearing my week into wash day my hair starts looking stiff and full of product. >.< And the color? Divine!! :D

jacqueline101
November 8th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I can see why you got a compliment your hair looks neat with a braided scarf. I might have to try it someday.

AmyBeth
November 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM
It looks very like a paranda, and I don't think I've ever worn a paranda without getting at least one compliment. I love them because they are so comfortable, make a braid look thicker, and if you bun it, make the bun look ginormous!

Amahaitz
November 10th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks everyone who commented! I am slowly getting better at actually doing things with my hair. Finding the longhair community has really been inspiring. :)

swearnsue
November 10th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I think it's the color of your hair and the scarf together it what makes it look extra good. My hair is almost long enough I think to try that.

Did you use a pony tail holder/elastic first and then fold the scarf over the elastic and then braid with two of the hair "bunches" have scarf tails?

I'm inspired by your hair! Would you mind telling me how you did it???? Thank you.

Amahaitz
November 11th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Thank you swearnsue! I put my hair in a ponytail using just the scarf to hold it, then divided the ponytail into three unequal sections. I added the tails of the scarf to the two smaller sections and then braided the three sections together. I put a little black scrunchie toward the end of the braid, and then added another one to the top of the braid because it felt like it was falling out. It was so comfortable. Of course, I tried to do this again this morning and failed completely. This is one of those days when nothing I try with my hair works and everything hurts. :(

TimeForMe
November 11th, 2013, 08:24 AM
That's so pretty. The scarf color is perfect for your hair.