PDA

View Full Version : Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo?

SouthernSweetie
November 7th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Has anyone used this stuff? I went looking for a clarifying shampoo to use once a week and bought this stuff. I haven't used it yet, but of you have used it what kind of results did you get!?
Thanks!

ositarosita
November 7th, 2013, 09:03 PM
To do honest I haven't seen it in about 3 years I thought it was discontinued lol but I remember it worked wonderfully as a clarifying shampoo just makes sure you use a nice moisturising conditioner afterwards.. from what I remember it was really drying

SouthernSweetie
November 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Oh, okay! I got it from Walmart, and I plan to only use it once a week because I just started CO-washing, and I use a lot of Cones. Hopefully it isn't too drying, but if it is I'll just SMT right after! :) Thanks. Anyone else?

HintOfMint
November 7th, 2013, 09:32 PM
In my experience, it's the best clarifying shampoo around. I haven't found it to be irritating to the scalp or exceptionally drying, and it really does the trick.

schnibbles
November 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I use this once in awhile. My scalp loves it, which surprises me because I usually get itchy scalp from sulphates. I don't find it to be too drying to the rest of my hair, I make sure to condition well and use some oils on the length after.
I love the smell of it - kind of a neutral, medicinal smell.

melesine
November 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
My mom has used it forever. Personally I can't stand the smell of it. Probably because it reminds me of her. I don't use shampoo, and it's first ingredient is SLS.

Madora
November 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM
I only used it once but it did its job. Left my hair like hay..but that was before I used mineral oil afterwards.

I would not recommend it being used often. It really strips the stuff off your hair.

patienceneeded
November 8th, 2013, 09:10 AM
It's a great clarifying shampoo! I've used it for years. However, once a week is probably WAY too often to use it. Many people CO wash with coney products and don't have build-up issues. Maybe use the Anti-residue shampoo and then CO wash with your coney stuff until you notice build-up and your hair starts acting out-of-sorts. Then clarify. You may not need to clarify as often as you think.

SouthernSweetie
November 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the advice! Patienceneeded: Yeah, I think you're right. I might not use it but once every 3 weeks. I'm new to CO-washing, so I'll have to get a routine down that works best. Trial and error. :)

Angelicblaze
November 8th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I liked it, but it does make your hair squeaky clean which has been said but I thought I'd throw it out there again lol.

sarahthegemini
November 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I've never used it, but I've seen it praised a lot when mentioned on here :)

SouthernSweetie
November 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Its funny you said that because when I went to squeeze the water out of my hair and started from the top my hair actually squeaked. Haha. Let's just say it was definitely cleaaann!

jeanniet
November 8th, 2013, 12:59 PM
It's an excellent clarifying shampoo. I don't clarify very often, but when I do it always does the trick. It doesn't bother my scalp, and my hair feels fine afterward as long as I follow up with my usual conditioning routine.

faellen
November 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I love it so much I used to order it from the US at an inflated price, lol. The smell is strong but it works brilliantly!
I didn't have to use it as often as once a week... More like once a month.

duchess67
November 8th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I use it about once in two weeks and it literally does make my hair squeaky clean!

bunnylake
November 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I love it. I wish I could use it all the time. My hair is SO SHINY afterwards, and very soft. I have oily hair, so it takes a lot to dry it out.

SouthernSweetie
November 10th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I definitely like it, but it did dry my hair out a little bit! I'm gonna try an SMT tomorrow since I don't have to work and see how it goes! :D Wish me luck!

Sillage
November 10th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Nice clarifying shampoo with an odd smell. I actually find Prell to be gentler-- but if you want something that's really going to get all the gunk off, you can't go wrong with this.

Wildcat Diva
November 10th, 2013, 09:11 PM
I mixed a little bit with some conditioner, so it would be kind of diluted. My hair is so soft and lovely today, but I did use a leave in conditioner and home made flaxseed gel too. So there's that.

endlessly
November 10th, 2013, 09:52 PM
I think it's a really wonderful clarifying shampoo, but definitely something to be used in moderation. I only use it once per month when I feel like I have just a little too much "gunk" in my hair. It gives a wonderfully clean feeling, but can leave your hair a little dry. Follow up with a rich conditioner and you'll be fine!

Long_hair_bear
November 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I only used it once but it did its job. Left my hair like hay..but that was before I used mineral oil afterwards.

I would not recommend it being used often. It really strips the stuff off your hair.

I second the "hair like hay". It works really well and does its job, but be prepared to use a serious conditioning treament afterwards.

SouthernSweetie
November 10th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Mixing it with a conditioner is a good idea! I didn't think about that!

Wildcat Diva
November 10th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks, I used that little bit in conditioner last night, and my hair is not dry AT ALL today. It's very soft.