PDA

View Full Version : My Monistat and catnip treatment fell on the same day

Shibe
November 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Should I do catnip first, rinse it out, and then do Monistat? Whenever I do Monistat I keep it on overnight, though. Thats 2 days of unwashed hair- it won't be happy.

Should I do Monistat first, let it sink in for a few hours, then Catnip? I don't think using shampoo when rinsing the nip is a good idea, so I'm at a loss here.

Is Monistat useless to leave in after it's dried?

I have the greasies and I don't like it!

Naiadryade
November 7th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Good logic experiment! How about Monistat overnight, wash in the morning, then catnip?

Shibe
November 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
That seems to be a better idea. I used nip two days ago, so one more day shouldn't hurt it!

Naiadryade
November 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Oh, how often do you normally catnip?

Shibe
November 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I've actually just started, with my first treatment being two days ago. I have really fine hair and it shreds so easy. Would you have a better recommendation for how much I should use it? Otherwise I'd probably do it..tomorrow?

Naiadryade
November 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Whatever works for you, really! I do it once a week--really, every time I wash--and I know I'm not alone in that schedule. Some people do it once a month, I think. Some people just put it in their mister bottle and spray it on their hair every day and leave it in. I'm not really sure what's best. I still get plenty of splits--my hair is fragile from old mechanical damage, though I just got a satin sleep cap and I'm hoping that will help--so maybe doing it more often would be better. :shrug:

Have you checked out the catnip thread over on the natural hair care board? There's a link to it in the sticky at the top of that forum. Lots of good information, people's different techniques and experiences in there.

Shibe
November 8th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Ah, I'll check that thread out for sure. I think my hair might require a few times a week, it's pretty fragile. I guess we shall see.

Thanks for the replies and the info, I appreciate it!

Katrine
November 8th, 2013, 12:50 AM
I like to do the monistat for just an hour or two before I wash. My scalp can be sensitive and it worked best for me to do it that way.

How are you doing the catnip? Initially I was doing a rinse and then bagging it with a plastic cap for an hour. I discovered it worked just as well to do it for 10 minutes (after I shampoo) while I'm in the shower then I rinse and condition my hair afterward.

The thread Naiadryade mentioned is really informative. It will probably answer all of your questions. :)