PDA

View Full Version : Why does my hair do this?

Kwantslonghair
November 7th, 2013, 04:15 AM
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii517/Kwantslonghair/cb56513ee4d19dffebdfad13b1002c96.jpg

It is like this on both side in the front. The back part doesn't do this. It seems thin and frizzier. There are no splits that I see and it does not feel dry, I oil them every day. I suppose since it is in front it gets more mechanical damage but I usually have it up and I don't brush or comb but once a day.

On a positive note I am inching ever closer to hip. I think I might be solidly there by Christmas. These pants sit on my hip

Kwantslonghair
November 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii517/Kwantslonghair/4d66d935a59be47f4d926aa30b6d7b60.jpg

hendrickx
November 7th, 2013, 04:34 AM
I use Garnier Fructis Serum in mine (comes in a little pump) I put a pump, maybe two in my hair's ends when wet. Don't put it by the scalp, just the mid-to-ends and it calms this type of frizz for me.

http://www.soap.com/p/garnier-fructis-sleek-shine-anti-frizz-serum-121970

I hope the link is Ok. Only posted it to point at the right product, not an endorsement of soap.com and I don't have an affiliate code on there.

Lyv
November 7th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Maybe it's because that's where it tends to get touched the most when it's down? You could try a putting a little oil to smooth it out and calm the frizz and maybe a microtrim if there's a chance you have some damage you don't see. Love your color btw!

MeowScat
November 7th, 2013, 05:17 AM
My hair was behaving the exact same way a few years ago. I was lucky if a few hairs would reach mid-boob. I couldn't figure it out.

I have kept it up in a bun and those hairs are now reaching classic. I never thought it was possible. Benign neglect is awesome!

Kwantslonghair
November 7th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Maybe it's because that's where it tends to get touched the most when it's down? You could try a putting a little oil to smooth it out and calm the frizz and maybe a microtrim if there's a chance you have some damage you don't see. Love your color btw!

Thank you. I probably could use a micro trim. I was hoping to wait until January. I have been dusting the ends about every third week. It's been over a year and a half since I have had a major trim

Kwantslonghair
November 7th, 2013, 05:30 AM
My hair was behaving the exact same way a few years ago. I was lucky if a few hairs would reach mid-boob. I couldn't figure it out.

I have kept it up in a bun and those hairs are now reaching classic. I never thought it was possible. Benign neglect is awesome!

That is mine exactly. The sides are getting longer more slowly than the back. Maybe when I get to hip I will maintain there until my bangs get to waist. They are about apl now, and then cut straight across waist and grow again from there

Kwantslonghair
November 7th, 2013, 05:31 AM
I use Garnier Fructis Serum in mine (comes in a little pump) I put a pump, maybe two in my hair's ends when wet. Don't put it by the scalp, just the mid-to-ends and it calms this type of frizz for me.

http://www.soap.com/p/garnier-fructis-sleek-shine-anti-frizz-serum-121970

I hope the link is Ok. Only posted it to point at the right product, not an endorsement of soap.com and I don't have an affiliate code on there.
I will give this a try and see if it helps. Thank you

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mines been frizzing in one spot and tangling like a matted clump. I'm wondering if it's the cold weather or lack of heavy cones on my part. I found a braid helped mine a lot. I'm glad you're almost at your goal.

Kwantslonghair
November 7th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mines been frizzing in one spot and tangling like a matted clump. I'm wondering if it's the cold weather or lack of heavy cones on my part. I found a braid helped mine a lot. I'm glad you're almost at your goal.
I don't think the cold helps it any. Not so much the cold but the fly a ways from having the furnace running. Mine is like this year round. There has to be something I am doing or not doing. Sorry to hear you are having a trouble spot. Usually if I am having a spot that tangles I dust the ends on that spot. Most of the time it takes care of it

niky45
November 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Some of the very ends need the littlest (about 2mm) trim. At least that's what I see on the photo. There are no split ends, but some of the hairs seem a bit damaged at the very ends.

aside from that.... moisture always helps with that kind of thing. oils help, but perhaps you need something stronger...

right now I'm using (undiluted) ACV as a leave-in conditioner. it does miracles. and it shouldn't left any kind of residue. perhaps you could try it at least on the ends? (btw, as a matter of fact, ACV's pH is around 5, and hair's about 5.5, so ACV is just PERFECT for your hair. )

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I don't think the cold helps it any. Not so much the cold but the fly a ways from having the furnace running. Mine is like this year round. There has to be something I am doing or not doing. Sorry to hear you are having a trouble spot. Usually if I am having a spot that tangles I dust the ends on that spot. Most of the time it takes care of it

I will try your advice on the dusting the trouble area.