PDA

View Full Version : Recs for shower head filter?

CurlyCap
November 6th, 2013, 08:54 PM
A friend of mine moved to a town with hard, practically brown water. I've educated her about ACV rinses and citric acid rinses, but I think long term she's gonna need a shower head filter. She rents in an apartment, so she can't do anything about the water source or water tank.

I've read many times about people saying they love their filters in threads. I was wondering if I could get specific brand and model recs to pass on?

Any help appreciated!

Leisje
November 6th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I have used and loved sprite royale all-in-one shower filter. It was great for when I was living with horrible hard water. Sprite in general is a good brand for shower filters. There are quite a few model options, and a lot of them are relatively inexpensive.

Katrine
November 6th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Aquasana has a good one. Here is their web site: http://www.aquasana.com/

Anje
November 6th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Sprite was what we got when DH was living in Cincy and had massively chlorinated water that was irritating his skin. It made an immense difference.

DweamGoiL
November 7th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I third Sprite Royale as well. I once used another brand, which name escapes me at the moment, but long story short, the filter exploded while I was in the shower. After that, it was Sprite all the way for me!