PDA

View Full Version : Any Other "Foil Heads" Out There

nastasska
September 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I am now having foils put in to cover up the white hairs I'm not ready for yet.But I am worried about the damage that is probably inevitable from it.I do like the result though after two years of trying to do the colour myself and few false starts with hairdressers this year I am very pleased with the latest result:cheese:
So what extra if any measures do you take to look after your foiled hair
I'll post a picture when I get the batterries charged up for the camera:)

Tressie
September 5th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hi! Are you going for your natural color to blend, or a highlight? I'll be looking forward to your pictures. I have seen some nice results with foils, but haven't gotten up my nerve to try it! Good luck and keep us posted!:)

Unofficial_Rose
September 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Me! I just had highlights. Had to cut off the remainder of greenish henndigo highlights in order for it to look blonde. I love it, but it definitely needs to grow some - it's much too short now. And a bit dry. But the colour is aces :D

Miss Murphy
September 9th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Me too! I get foils every 7 weeks. I just plain can't stand my natural haircolour, and my highlighted hair looks great and gets a lot of compliments.

I might not make it to floor length with treating it like this - but I only ever wanted to get to waist anyway :)

nastasska
September 10th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Don't give up on it yet Miss Murphy! Crystal Gayle

http://www.crystalgayle.com/index.php

must be colouring her hair and she still has it super long.
I think it's more important to look after the condition in between foils. I gave my hair a Coconut Oiling and it feels so soft :cheese: