PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for getting Manic Panic dye out of hair?

kittenface
November 5th, 2013, 06:03 AM
A while ago I dip-dyed my ends blue with Manic Panic dye, and six weeks later it still hasn't faded. I've dyed my hair with Manic Panic many times before, and it has never lasted that long! Anyway, I still like how it looks, but I would like to go back to my natural hair colour for the holiday season, so I'm starting to think I might have to help the dye removal along a bit. I've been reading up on it, and some people online suggest using baking soda and dandruff shampoo, or crush up vitamin c tablets and mix with water. Does anyone have experience with this, or do you have any other advice? I'd rather not bleach my hair or anything, but if I can remove the dye in a way that's not too horribly damaging, I'd like to give it a shot. Any feedback is very much appreciated!

maegalcarwen
November 5th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Try dyeing it to the opposite color of blue.

sabrinaclrke
November 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I've used clarifying shampoo to get manic panic out. I've also heard baby shampoo works well, due to the pH.

misspurdy06
November 5th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Color Oops or even better Ion Color brilliance Color Corrector. It says it's not for nonoxidative dyes but it worked on my full head of Manic Panic Midnight Blue hair.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Color-Corrector/SBS-305884,default,pd.html