PDA

View Full Version : Thin ends!! Should I trim?

Bethmc
November 4th, 2013, 09:08 PM
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Bethsmclain/image_zps6f58681d.jpg

Bethmc
November 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Bethsmclain/image_zps54555433.jpg

0xalis
November 4th, 2013, 09:17 PM
If you wear your hair in a bun a lot, I'd say no. If you wear your hair in a braid, ponytail, or down more often than not, then I'd say yes!

MeowScat
November 4th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Hey, almost, hair twin!

I'd either wait a while longer, or just do a microtrim if there's damage. I rarely trim mine and it's grown quite a bit more than I expected. Wear it up and forget about it for a few months.

Beautiful hair, BTW! :)

Magalo
November 4th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I would trim because I dislike uneven thinness like you have! Or microtrim and maintain.

Anje
November 4th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Totally up to you. I'd probably opt to trim because I wear a braid fairly often and prefer thicker ends for those. But thinner ends are easier to bun, and there's nothing objectively wrong with them. Pick based on what you do and what you like, and don't stress over it either way.

Macaroni
November 4th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I would only because I like a blunt hemline.

Roscata
November 5th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Since you're going for hip and you're already at waist, I'd say get to hip then maintain, the ends will thicken up with time.

Stray_mind
November 5th, 2013, 12:45 AM
I second that. Get to hip first and then trim a bit at at time, that way you won't notice much difference in lenght and your ends will get thicker.

Lyv
November 5th, 2013, 12:47 AM
If it were my hair I'd trim them because I prefer my ends thicker. I think if you'd like the ends to be thicker do it but if it doesn't bother you just let them go, it'll look nice either way!

Hybris
November 5th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Your ends don't look unhealthy so I'll go with what most people said, if you're wearing it up, just microtrim if you have too, but if you're wearing it down, I would personally trim it a bit. You would be loosing length, but you will be gaining thickness, and for me personally, it's just as important. :)

Night_Kitten
November 5th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Unless there is damage and/or splits (in which case a trim is a good idea indeed), it's totally up to your preferences....
If the thinness bothers you, then a trim could help (though probably you'll need a plan of several small trims along the way for best results as far as thickening goes), but if you aren't bothered by the ends, then I see no reason to trim... :)

lapushka
November 5th, 2013, 05:47 AM
I second that. Get to hip first and then trim a bit at at time, that way you won't notice much difference in lenght and your ends will get thicker.

Thirding that! If it's not damaged, and you wear it up mostly (if it bothers you that is), there's hardly reason to trim.

earthybee
November 5th, 2013, 06:34 AM
I would trim a little each month. Just a smidge :)

swearnsue
November 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I would trim the ends IF they are causing tangles, are dry or split.

AmyBeth
November 5th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Depends on what you want. Do you want to maintain fairy tale ends? Then only S&D any damaged ends. If you prefer a more even hemline, I would suggest that you microtrim. Just 1/4 inch every month-6 weeks. You won't really notice any loss of length, and your ends will thicken up AS they grow. Either way, your hair is very beautiful.

Pamala513
November 5th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I would get the the length you want, then maintain and trim as needed. As others said, it will thicken over time. You have beautiful hair btw.