PDA

View Full Version : Can argan oil/EVOO give a red/green glow to blondes?

Johannah
November 4th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I always wanted to try argan oil and EVOO. But I never dared, because people told me it can change your haircolor in redish or greenish when you're blonde. All oils are 1 + 1 free at a local store inhere, so I'm quite happy right now because argan oil can be expensive :cheese:

Has anyone with a light hair color tried this? Did you notice 'color changes'? :o Any good experiences with argan oil? :) I'm curious!
Thanks for the advice!

In2wishin
November 4th, 2013, 02:46 PM
If you are talking about 100% pure argan oil, no it will not change your hair color. If you are talking about a hair treatment like Moroccan Oil that contains argan oil, then maybe depending on the other ingredients.

Foxylocks
November 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM
My conditioner has argan oil in it, and I haven't seen any adverse reactions. I must say, it is a fantastic conditioner. I used to use EVOO straight, and I didn't see any problems there either.

Seeshami
November 4th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I noticed on my henna it seems to make the color better but it might just be added shine. On my blond hair I have no issues with color change.

Nope
November 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
If you don't wash out EVOO properly, it can add a hint of golden-ness to your hair, but that's about it.

Brattina88
November 4th, 2013, 07:26 PM
If you don't wash out EVOO properly, it can add a hint of golden-ness to your hair, but that's about it.
This is what I was going to say :p lol

Nadine <3
November 4th, 2013, 11:49 PM
I use EVOO and I just get some crazy shine :)

Johannah
November 5th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Alright! Great! Thanks for the advice everyone!

I think I know where I'm going to this weekend :whistle:

Johannah
November 5th, 2013, 12:25 AM

Because my hair color is golden blonde, that even wouldn't be such a problem :o But I'll wash it out properly! Thank you!