PDA

View Full Version : How do you get fairytale ends?

VictorianDoll
November 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Hello, VictorianDoll here. If you don't recognize me it would make sense as I'm new. ( this is my first ever post:D) So, my problem is that I have hip to tailbone length hair and I haven't trimmed in over a year and a half, yet there no sign of fairytale ends at all. I would post a picture to show you all but I am on my tablet.

Love,
VictorianDoll
X

p.s would doing S&D help?

Anje
November 4th, 2013, 12:37 PM
S&D rarely hurts, especially if you've got damage or splits, but it probably is partly just that you need more time. Layers or a V-shaped hemline can artificially start you off with something that looks more fairytaled, too. How long your hair is will probably also make a difference -- hair tends to fairytale more the longer it gets, in my experience, simply due to taper from all the hairs being at different points in their growth cycle.

lapushka
November 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Fairytale ends either happen or they don't. For me, they just don't. I grew to almost TBL and no sign of fairytaling in sight. I do have iii hair, though, and never suffered from major hairloss, so the thickness might have something to do with it.

Maybe you just need more length. And then maybe it will either happen or not.

VictorianDoll
November 4th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Thank you for replying!
Anje I think the advice for getting a v cut would be great, if I didn't cringe when simply getting my fringe trimmed unfortunately.

Lapushka I think thickness must be the reason then as my hair is around five inches in circumference

Love,
VictorianDoll
X

spidermom
November 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I grew to classic and didn't get fairytale ends, either. Instead, I got a pronounced slant from left to right; it was weird.

Shibe
November 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I have natural Fairy Tale ends, and I will gladly give them to you. My hair is more of a "V" and my hair strands taper at the end.

Still Snip off splits, as that will just damage your hair- but leave the hairs that taper to almost invisible.

Also, I have a very fine hair type. That could have something to do with it as well.

vindo
November 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
You will have to grow longer ;)

FT ends happen due to uneven growth (only a percentage of hair is in the growing phase) AND being somewhat close to your terminal length.
I am not saying that if someone has FTE at waist length this is terminal length. But one can assume that terminal length is not very much longer.
The tricky thing is though, that you can be experiencing a "false terminal length", due to factors like breakage, hair loss/ shedding, layers, very uneven growth etc.
So all we can conclude is that it is easier to get FTE somewhat closer to terminal because many hairs will fall out before they reach that length (shorter Anagen/ growing cycle).

Andeee
November 5th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I've got them (my hair is at hip length) only because 2 and a half years ago my hair fell out (maybe a third or more) and what remains at the longest (the fairy tale ends) is the hair that didn't fall out. My newer growth is now just below BSL.

I never had fairy tale ends before and the longest I let it grown to was classic.

VictorianDoll
November 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Spidermom that is a bit strange.
Shibe I think I'll start S&D today or tomorrow once I can get my mum to lend me her hairdressing scissors:)
Emichiee Thank you for the info it was interesting.
Andeee I wish you good luck on growing it back out!

Love,
VictorianDoll
X

TiaKitty
November 5th, 2013, 09:19 AM
You can get a V shaped hemline using Feye's self-trim method. That will help.

Another way I got them was by braiding and then trimming the hairs that stood out from the braid...

Also, when I trimmed my hair, prior to using other methods, I would wash my hair, then pick up each clump, and cut it on an angle. Instant fairytailing!