PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Over 50 And Still Oily?

UP Lisa
November 4th, 2013, 11:27 AM
My hair is not only baby fine, but my scalp is very oily as well. This is getting sickening already! And my hair is also baby fine and constantly tangled.

I guess it's rant day.

Madora
November 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM
No, never had trouble with an oily scalp.

As for the tangle problem, do you wear your hair up? That really helped me (plus the fact that I couldn't stand to have my hair getting in my way when it was down).

You also might want to consider using a clarifying shampoo, followed by a conditioner afterwards. If you can stand it, use a cold rinse after each process. Good luck!

UP Lisa
November 4th, 2013, 11:52 AM
My hair is up during the day and braided at night. Can't really wear it down at all unless i had a silk blouse and stayed indoors.

UP Lisa
November 5th, 2013, 05:51 AM
I really hate cold water rinses, but I do rinse the length with distilled water due to having hard water. I think that helps.

Kwantslonghair
November 5th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I am 53 and my scalp and face and neck are very very oily. I wash my face 3 pr 4 times a day

UP Lisa
November 5th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I always thought that maybe if I changed my diet, it would help. Well, I did and it hasn't. I believe I inherit the problem from my Dad. I don't think he cared, but I hate oily hair and having to wash it all the time.

I am 53 and my scalp and face and neck are very very oily. I wash my face 3 pr 4 times a day

Babyfine
November 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Both face and scalp were very oily up until about 2 years ago now becoming less so.
I can now stretch shampooing a day longer.
In my younger day my face was oily and acne prone have no breakouts anymore though

UP Lisa
November 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Hi Babyfine. Maybe there is hope for me yet! I just turned 53.

Both face and scalp were very oily up until about 2 years ago now becoming less so.
I can now stretch shampooing a day longer.
In my younger day my face was oily and acne prone have no breakouts anymore though

MsBubbles
November 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I'd say the tangling is a function of having baby fine hair. The only way I have found to avoid tangles is to have clarified hair worn up most of the time for a few months, then once in a while use cones if I want to wear it down for a special occasion. Then after that I have to clarify & use cone-free products again til the next time. But daily tangle-free fine hair, I have yet to experience.

Chamomile tea helped decrease the amount of tangles for a while, but then it stopped working again. :rolleyes:

UP Lisa
November 5th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Yes. I know it is a feature, and I think having waves makes it worse. Not that I want to give up my waves.