PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful and easy updo for short hair (higher gibson tuck with a stick)

BowTie
November 4th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I was mastering the gibson tuck today and I found a very nice way to do an updo with short hair.
This is nothing special but wanted to share.

1)Gather all the hair you can into a high ponytail. Secure.
2)Push the ponytail holder a bit down
3)Part your ponytail above the poytail holder so it forms a hole.
4)Stick your ponytail through the hole. Make sure everything is inside.
5)Hold your tuck with your left hand. Insert stick vertically.
6)Pin the rest of hair against scalp.

I put a picture of it in signature pic. Sorry my camera is not very good!

MaryMarx
November 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Ooh, looks nice, I'll try it out. :)

BowTie
November 4th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Ooh, looks nice, I'll try it out. :)

Thanks =) Good luck!:)

summergreen
November 4th, 2013, 09:44 AM
That's a really nice look!

BowTie
November 4th, 2013, 09:53 AM
That's a really nice look!

Thank you! :)

Anje
November 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Cute! Does the stick help hold it in? (My gibson tucks all go awry within an hour or two as the tucked part worms its way through the pocket.)

BowTie
November 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Cute! Does the stick help hold it in? (My gibson tucks all go awry within an hour or two as the tucked part worms its way through the pocket.)

I've been wearing for around two hours now and the stick holds it very well. I think I will wear this look tomorrow when I go to London :)

Avis
November 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks for this style, I've been sporting a French twist and a simple bun for months but now I have something new to try. =)

BowTie
November 4th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for this style, I've been sporting a French twist and a simple bun for months but now I have something new to try. =)

I hope you will like it=) I hope I explained it well enough. Good luck!

browneyedsusan
November 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM

Mine do that too! So annoying!

Rio040113
November 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I wonder if this would work well with spin pins, I've never done one so I'm a bit clueless... Very cute btw! :)

BowTie
November 4th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I wonder if this would work well with spin pins, I've never done one so I'm a bit clueless... Very cute btw! :)

Thank you. Maybe you should give it a try! I almost bought spin pins today.. I'm too afraid those two will get stuck together as I'm hopeless lol!

Rio040113
November 4th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Thank you. Maybe you should give it a try! I almost bought spin pins today.. I'm too afraid those two will get stuck together as I'm hopeless lol!

I shall do I think :) I need to pick up some more asap! I did that once, I just casually unscrewed them and pretended nothing had happened :lol:

BrightEyes
November 12th, 2013, 01:26 PM
So pretty BowTie!! I want to try this. I've thought that my hair is still too short for a Gibson tuck, but maybe with a hair stick as an anchor I can pull it off. I will try this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing :)

BowTie
November 12th, 2013, 03:34 PM
So pretty BowTie!! I want to try this. I've thought that my hair is still too short for a Gibson tuck, but maybe with a hair stick as an anchor I can pull it off. I will try this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you! I hope you will enjoy this style. I wore it yesterday:)

BrightEyes
November 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Well, I decided not to wait until tomorrow but give this updo a try today. And I LOVE it!!! I still need practice, my hair tie is visable and it looks kind of messy. I have some pieces falling out of the bottom, that with a little more length will fit in to the style. But it is super comfy and is holding like a rock. And now I can wear my hair sticks!! Yippee :D Thank you so much for sharing this style BowTie.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/shajolley/DSC_0037_zpsfbfb5a3a.jpg (http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/shajolley/media/DSC_0037_zpsfbfb5a3a.jpg.html)

BowTie
November 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Well, I decided not to wait until tomorrow but give this updo a try today. And I LOVE it!!! I still need practice, my hair tie is visable and it looks kind of messy. I have some pieces falling out of the bottom, that with a little more length will fit in to the style. But it is super comfy and is holding like a rock. And now I can wear my hair sticks!! Yippee :D Thank you so much for sharing this style BowTie.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/shajolley/DSC_0037_zpsfbfb5a3a.jpg (http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/shajolley/media/DSC_0037_zpsfbfb5a3a.jpg.html)

Wow,looks very beautiful =) I'm glad I inspired you to try this style! Your hair looks amazing and I love the hair stick!

BrightEyes
November 12th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Wow,looks very beautiful =) I'm glad I inspired you to try this style! Your hair looks amazing and I love the hair stick!

Thank you:) The hair stick is a Timberstone Turnings hair stick. I love it.

Thanks again for sharing this style. I've been so bored with the two styles I could do on my short hair. I'm so glad I have another now :D

BowTie
November 13th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Thank you:) The hair stick is a Timberstone Turnings hair stick. I love it.

Thanks again for sharing this style. I've been so bored with the two styles I could do on my short hair. I'm so glad I have another now :D

You're welcome! It's great to find a new hairstyle you can wear:)

TimeForMe
November 13th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Boooo, I'm not quite long enough yet. I need just a couple more inches. Grow, hair! This is so cute on you both, Bowtie and Brighteyes.

BowTie
November 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Boooo, I'm not quite long enough yet. I need just a couple more inches. Grow, hair! This is so cute on you both, Bowtie and Brighteyes.

Thank you :) I'm also waiting for my hair to grow. I hope you try this style when you can.. I promise your hair will keep growing. I know sometimes it feels like it won't grow!

Of the Fae
November 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
How much length does one need for this? Chin?

BowTie
November 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
How much length does one need for this? Chin?

My hair is around neck lenght :)