PDA

View Full Version : lazy wrap bun with shoulder length hair

chen bao jun
November 4th, 2013, 06:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb-CDSW1euU

Linguist
February 13th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks for posting--first decent instructions I've found, lol! Also, I'm amazed she can do it at that length...and if she can, I can! I've got a smidgen of length on her, so it wouldn't have to be quite so tight, too, which is nice.

GoddesJourney
February 13th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Hmmm...I think she may be a couple of inches closer to APL from collarbone than me. Looks great though. Maybe this will be my first real bun when I can do it. :)

LaReineJaguar
February 13th, 2014, 06:35 PM
I love this video. I've never known how to do buns, thats a great little tutorial :-)

Tini'sNewHair
February 13th, 2014, 06:45 PM
How CUTE :) wish i knew this when my hair was that length - ah well haha :)

Firefox7275
February 13th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I need new hair toys.

Sterlyn
February 13th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Hmm I will have to try that, thanks for posting it :)

winship2
February 13th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Wow, doesn't she have beautiful hair! That color, shine, and body! Thanks, I'll give this a try tomorrow :)

cat11
February 13th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I tried this like 10 million times with APL hair and I couldn't get it to work. I see how it would work with longer ends, though, or If I cheated and pinned mine down first. They just wont go all the way around the wrap and then over it again like they need to to get held in the stick

browneyedsusan
February 14th, 2014, 05:58 AM
I looked at this video and could make a LWB just prior to APL, but it was about as big as a golf ball, and didn't hold very well. I don't know how her BIG bun stays put?

chen bao jun
February 14th, 2014, 06:39 AM
She also has a good one for cinnabun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JhXxMY5CGY

Arachnid
February 14th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I DID IT!!! but my ends are now at APL (with layers at shoulder) which I'm sure helped. I can now to 2 buns, just need to work on getting them centred!

I just watched the cinnabun video... I thought that was called a pencil bun for some reason.

Firefox7275
February 14th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I just tried the lazy wrap, I don't have sticks so I randomly stuck two Spin Pins in. It doesn't look remotely like the tutorial and is completely lop sided (!) but its holding and feels more comfortable than my regular bun.

Suortuva
October 14th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Bumping this, because I finally understood this, and I can do a lazy wrap bun. I can do it without problems! And I love it! :cool:

lapushka
October 14th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Bumping this, because I finally understood this, and I can do a lazy wrap bun. I can do it without problems! And I love it! :cool:

Yay you. I just stopped wearing my LWB in favor of a Nautilus (which at one point I thought impossible too). At FTL I can now do a Nautilus, pretty nice milestone for me. And the LWB is your new milestone. Congratulations!

paulownia
October 15th, 2018, 03:30 AM
Thanks for sharing. My hair is still way too short for it, though. I guess I'll have to wait with attempting the LWB at least two-three months.

Suortuva
October 15th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Yay you. I just stopped wearing my LWB in favor of a Nautilus (which at one point I thought impossible too). At FTL I can now do a Nautilus, pretty nice milestone for me. And the LWB is your new milestone. Congratulations!

Thanks! I don't know what is going on with my hair. It hasn't grown at all since August, so maybe it's getting thinner instead, I don't know. Anyway, this was something nice, milestone absolutely.

Thanks for sharing. My hair is still way too short for it, though. I guess I'll have to wait with attempting the LWB at least two-three months.

You can always try. Are you able to do a disc bun? It's really nice and you don't need that much length.

I tried to take a picture, for proof, but it's so difficult, argh.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33676&d=1539634225

paulownia
October 15th, 2018, 11:50 PM
You can always try. Are you able to do a disc bun? It's really nice and you don't need that much length.

I had to google it first to see how it looks like;). I don't know a thing about buns. You could talk about nautilus, seashell, cinnabun and I would have no idea what's the difference between them;). It's all to learn first.
No way I can make this disc thing either. I don't think I stand a chance for making any updo that would hold together with a stick. That's a next stage.

Stray_mind
October 16th, 2018, 12:30 AM
Her hair seems more of a CBL than SL... i don't think my hair is long enough for that just yet, but i will try it when i get home.

EmeraldSkies
October 16th, 2018, 05:12 AM
I have to try this one later. Thanks for posting :)

Suortuva
October 16th, 2018, 05:15 AM
Her hair seems more of a CBL than SL... i don't think my hair is long enough for that just yet, but i will try it when i get home.

I'm almost APL. No way I could have done this earlier...

EmeraldSkies
October 16th, 2018, 07:02 AM
I still couldn't do it. I'll probably have to try again at bsl.

Stray_mind
October 16th, 2018, 08:51 AM
I'm almost APL. No way I could have done this earlier...

It also has to do with thickness. With thinner hair one can do some styles at certain lengths that people with thicker hair could not do.

I still can Not do a simple cinnabun that wouldn't explode in an hour while some people at my length can already do a full one...