PDA

View Full Version : Alaffia Neem and Shea Scalp Recovery

JLeighs
November 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'm starting this thread because I'm having unheard-of results with this shampoo and conditioner (so far), and I'm wondering if anyone else uses it. I have chronic scalp issues, and have had these issues for years. It always gets worse in the winter. Unbearably itchy, horribly flaky and my scalp feels "tight". In the summer it's flaky, and itchy without feeling tight. Nothing, and I mean nothing I have tried has ever done anything long term. The only time I get relief is for 2 weeks after I henna. Nothing except henna has ever given me even short-term relief. Last week, in desperation, I went to my local health food store to see about purchasing some new shampoo and conditioner. It had dawned on me that I've been mostly using the same brand of shampoo (Giovanni) for the last 7 years or so. After poring over everything they had, I spotted the Alaffia shampoo and condish. It looked very, very good. I was a little nervous about using black soap, but I had nothing to lose. I washed my hair as soon as I got home, and I had instant relief. I've used them 3 times now, and my scalp hasn't felt this good in a long, long time. The itch is 90% gone, and while I still have flakes, they are greatly reduced. My scalp also no longer feels tight. As a bonus, my hair LOVES this shampoo and condish. I have fine, easily weighed down curly hair, and this combo makes my hair look thicker with more body. The condish doesn't give me much slip, which makes me happy because my hair does NOT like slippery conditioners. Anyway, I'm so happy that this stuff is working for me so far. :)

meteor
November 3rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Sounds great! Thank you for the information! :) I think neem is panacea for so many skin/scalp issues that I recommend that everybody should have a small bottle of neem oil at home and add it to creams/shampoos/etc. I've just checked the ingredients and they look wonderful. I think I'll add these products to my wishlist. You mention that you don't get much slip from these products, and I think that could be caused by high content of humectants (e.g. glycerin, panthenol), so in some dew-points they might not work too well. Shampoo Ingredients: Herbal infusion of Neem (Azadirachta indica) Leaf, Liquid African Black Soap (Distilled water, Saponified Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter and Virgin Palm Kernel (Elaeis guineensis) Oil), Decyl Polyglucose (from corn), Vegetable Glycerin, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Essential Oils of Rosemary, Lavender and Tea Tree Conditioner Ingredients: Herbal infusion of Neem (Azadirachta indica), Vegetable Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Neem (Azadirachta indica) Oil, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils (Rosemary, Lavender and Tea Tree), Limonene (from essential oil), Citric Acid