PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I woke up to a head full of splits :(

Shibe
November 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
I did rigorous s&d for the last few weeks, and my hair looked transformed. I put it up every night, and used a silk pillow cover.

Last night I was too tired to put my hair up, so I went to bed. I've been snipping splits literally all day. :(

Either my hair isn't as strong as I thought it was, and it's shredding in the night, or the damage was hidden.

I feel really upset right now :(

ositarosita
November 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
How sharp are you shears??

Madora
November 2nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
As ositarosita mentioned, shears should be very sharp so that you don't reap another crop of white dots after S and Ding. To be on the safe side, the shears should be reserved for S and Ding only.

You might find this article helpful (written by a former LHC member):

http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.ca/2009/11/part-3-of-4-on-innovative-approaches-to.html

Be sure to read the other entries at the end of the article. Good luck!

Brattina88
November 2nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Scissors were my first thought, too :( I'm sorry. I know how you feel

Shibe
November 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Ugh, it probably is my scissors. I use a small pair in the kitchen drawer. I have a knife sharpener, would that fix the dullness?

redtuss
November 2nd, 2013, 11:19 PM
It depends, I tried to sharpen my scissors in vain last month - it's hard to get it right. I just bought new ones and keep them in the packaging so they won't get dull as fast.

Shibe
November 2nd, 2013, 11:23 PM
Darn. I guess I'll have to see if I can get a new pair, then. I used them on our sharpener but I want to be sure its as sharp as it needs to be.