PDA

View Full Version : I Cut

MadHatter
September 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
My hair is now a little bit above waist, so there isn't that much of a difference in length. But, my hemline is now straight:cheese:! No more layers (except the bangs). I've been wanting to get to one length for a long time now. My ends are sooo soft now, and my hair doesn't seem to be getting fuzzy as fast. I was having a hard time with it being down, it would get disarrayed so quickly.
But the stylist didn't get it quite even.. the right side is a bit longer than the left. I'll probably get my mom to even it out.

Florida Mom
September 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I bet it is beautiful - how about a pic!

FrannyG
September 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Oh, that sounds lovely. I imagine that it's gorgeous. The key word there was imagine. :) Where are the photos? :whistle:

thankyousir74
September 5th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Wow that scared me, I knew what nice hair you have, MadHatter, and I thought it was something drastic and I thought to my self "Oh gosh, why??" But yes, pics please!

longhairedfairy
September 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
thankyousir74, me too! At first I was thinking, "Surely not! She has some of the prettiest hair!" Lol.
I'm glad the results are to your liking :) It always feels so good to have the ends all fresh and soft. PICTURES, PLEEEEEAASE! :D

JessTheMess
September 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
My stomach dropped when I read the thread title!!!!!! I am sooo relieved that you just did the hem! I can't wait to see the results :disco:

Katahdin
September 5th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was startled by the title :)

Congratulations on getting all your hair to one length!

Pictures? Pretty please?

Mary <><
September 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
^^ What she said! Pics please!

girlcat36
September 5th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I need pictures!

MadHatter
September 5th, 2008, 07:00 PM
My mom evened it out for me, it wasn't really as bad as I thought.
Excuse the streak-y mirror and the kinkiness. When I braid my hair, it doesn't really make braid waves, just kinks, lol.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/gorgon19/Images2037.jpg

I'm surprised.. my hair looks thicker when it's all one length.
I'll be taking another sig pic after I've washed my hair. And windexed the mirror ;)

girlcat36
September 5th, 2008, 07:10 PM
It is gorgeous!

longhairedfairy
September 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Wow, it does look thick:)

alligatorbaby23
September 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Thick, healthy, shiny. Great mane MadHatter! Love the trim. I always have to even up something from a stylist as well.
Hooray for a truly awesome hairdresser!

Starr
September 5th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Holy smokes that's some gorgeous hair! And your right your hair does look thicker.

I'm glad your happy with the results!

Darkhorse1
September 5th, 2008, 08:50 PM
GORGEOUS! I always find when I get my hemline trimmed, it's thicker. Wonder what the deal is there? Maybe removing the dead ends makes it fuller??? Anyone know???

SweetPea88
September 5th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Wow, it looks gorgeous!

Tressie
September 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Just lovely! It looks like liquid silk in both pics!

ChloeDharma
September 5th, 2008, 09:47 PM
That looks stunning hun! :flower:

Like some of the others i had an "oh no!!!" moment when i read the title, i think it looked amazing before, and it looks amazing now......and you are right, so thick!

EvaSimone
September 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
It looks very nice and thick!!! I liked your hemline before too but the after is gorgeous! :flower:

Shermie Girl
September 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM
It looks fantastic. And I love the blunt hemline. It makes your hair look crazy-thick. :D

sahiba
September 5th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I love it .Its fabulous.

MadHatter
September 6th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks y'all :)
Meh, I miss the feeling of my hair touching my lower back. Oh well, I'll get back to that point in good time. And it'll be nice and even :cheese:

Shadow Walker
September 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
When I saw this thread I went... O_O

Your hair looks great MadHatter, the trim made it look super thick. Don't worry about the length, it'll be back in no time.

xrosiex
September 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM
It's beautiful. Your hair is just so perfect....:):):)

kjara
September 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Your hair is gorgeous and so thick :agape: thank you for the picture :flowers: now I know why Morag said you are her hair idol ;)

dor3girl
September 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Oooh! I love the way freshly cut hair looks! Plus--it will look even better in about a week (not so blunt).

It looks thick & healthy--very pretty!

dorothea-brooke
September 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Wow. Just, wow.

I can't believe how even and thick your hemline looks. *dreamy sigh*
Serious 1A envy going on over here now! :)

MermaidGirl
September 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Oh for goodness sakes! I almost had a heart attack when I read the thread title ... I was thinking "NOOOOoooooooo!" - just so relieved to see it was not a drastic cut.

MadHatter, I think you have one of the most beautiful heads of hair on this entire forum. I love everything about it - you are one of my hair idols. Unfortunately, as much as I love red hair, it looks horrible on me (I've tried it before and my coloring is just all wrong for it!) so I must stick with the blonde/honey/light brown tones, but otherwise, I wish my hair was just like yours! Truly thud-worthy!

lora410
September 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I thought for a second you meant cut cut. I almost about died because your hair is so gorgeous. The er hrm trim look good :D

Elenna
September 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
At first, I felt kind of shocked. Then I read your post about the trim. Am I relieved! Your hair is so lovely. It is like spun silk.

Ponytale
September 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Your hair is very lovely!

Nightshade
September 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Wow, it looks way thicker than you'd guess from the little length you took off :bigeyes:

Good to know I'm not the only one that forgets to clean the mirror :lol:

feralnature
September 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM
serious hair envy here :)

GoldenRed
September 6th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I thought it would be a drastic chop too! Nice trim up.

Indigo Girl
September 7th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Just saw your new siggy - the cut looks great. :D

I've been debating whether or not to do similar to my hair, and your perfect cut is a great inspiration.

Lookin' good! :thumbsup:

MadHatter
September 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the compliments, y'all!
Hey there, Indigo! If you decide to do the same, be ready for a bit of shock. I'm delighted that my hemline is straight now, but the loss of three inches took me a little bit to get over.

I'm going to try to get those three inches back as quickly as possible, so I'm doing the Monistat thing. I did my first application tonight, and will put together an album to track my progress, if anyone is interested in seeing if/how well monsitat works on growth.

spidermom
September 7th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Oh my goodness! Your hair does look thick and gorgeous, but I've been a fan from way back and remain one.

Curlsgirl
September 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I love blunt hemlines and your hair really looks beautiful! :love:

AnneAdeline
September 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Wow! Your hair is just striking. I love the look of blunt hemlines so much.

Arctic_Mama
September 7th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Looks good evened up! Glad it was nothing drastic or butchered :)

Indigo Girl
September 8th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Yeah, thanks for the heads up - I've been thinking about (and am a little nervous about) the shock value.

I have also been debating Monistat myself (hopefully I'll be able to find a vegan version). I'll definitely be keeping up on your progress.

:D

Little_Bird
September 8th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Hello there, I missed seeing you around! Or maybe we don't go to the same threads lol...

Anyways, I've told you once how much I like your hair, it's really one of my fav hairs on the board. I think what you did was very brave and it sounds like it really made you happy.

I am in the same boat with you on how we feel about layers, but I will have to stick to them for a lot more so I won't get above waist lenght again.

I congratulate you Mad Hatter, your hair is so beautyfull and now your ends are just amazing :flower: