PDA

View Full Version : Where did my hair go?

rose3408
November 2nd, 2013, 03:48 PM
Experiencing massive shedding for last 10 yrs. Looking for suggestions what has worked for you to stop the shedding and encourage new growth. I'm tired of all the snake oils out there costing me thousands of dollars. In the event it's my thyroid, what are you taking and did it stop the shedding. Is it gluten, digestive system. . . .what, what, what? I've exhausted myself these last 10 yrs trying to figure it out and could use your help. I'm looking at a product right now called, PURVANA supplements. Ingredients look very promising. Also looking for a great SLS-free and healthy shampoo.

Pamala513
November 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Hi, I experience the same shedding issues for the past year. I have thyroid problems and I was being over medicated causing severe hair shedding. I have since gone to a wellness doctor who has determined thru blood testing that I have Hashimotos . I am now on new meds and it has slowed down. I am very careful to use organic hair products and am now taking biotin and b complex in hopes of regrouping the hair I have loss. My advice would be to get your thyroid tested and go from there. Others here will have better advice. I have never heard of Purvana, but will look it up.

CoyoteSarah
November 2nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Im hypothyroid. Its been destroying my hair, both in terms of loss and damage (breakage, texture, dry, splits,etc.) even though I take very good care of it. I just started Armour and vitamin D a few months ago but haven't seen any changes in my hair.(Edit: My husband says I'm shedding less. He always notices my hair everywhere and now that he mentions it, I think I have been shedding less lately.) I think its permanent until theres healthy new growth. However, oil and tons of coney conditioner make it more manageable. I like Garnier Fructis's Triple Nutrition. Breakage is still bad though, even with wearing it up. I just had to chop off a good solid 3 inches atleast of splits. It was painful- I'm back to APL again.:(

BlazingHeart
November 3rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
I have hypothyroidism and take synthroid, have for about a decade. As long as my thyroid levels were balanced right, that was all I needed. My thyroid is a bit quirky and my levels bobble more than usual, so mine has to be checked four times a year where most people just need it annually.

On top of that, I developed an auto immune condition we think about 2 1/2 years ago, and that has caused shedding, too.

ositarosita
November 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
I'm dealing with stress and nutrient deficiency .. I'm working on getting my multivitamins as well as eating and trying to find a way to de-stress..

restless
November 3rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Not meaning to sound harsh but- have you seen a doctor...? What did they say? What tests did you do? 10 years is a long time and really, it could be anything.

You say "in the event its my thyroid" but have you got it checked or is it a guess of yours? If I were you, Id book an appointment at my local doctors office and take it from there if you havent already. You say youve tried all the "snake oils" out there, but maybe the problem comes from the inside. Then the oils wont do anything for shedding, nor will the other remedies (shampoo, monistat, protein or whatever) youŽll get in the replies here.

I wish you all the best! :blossom: