PDA

View Full Version : Results: co-washing and silicone free for a month (pictures)

fiğrildi
November 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
So, it's been almost a month and a half since I began my new hair routine, and I wanted to share with you my results (that I learned from you!) Now I only use silicone free and natural products. No poo, co-wash and cassia treatments.
My hair has been very damaged in the past, with curly perms and other horror stories. It took me a month for my hair to regulate the greasy thing, but after that period I'm proud to say now I only have to co-wash once a week. My hair is still a bit frizzy, but I hope it will improve over the following months.

Here's the before picture (fried hair):

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/PAJAROTRISTE/lhc3-1.jpg

and the after picture (I trimmed my hair A LOT right after the before picture, but as you can see it has already reached the previous lenght by now)

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/PAJAROTRISTE/SAM_0101-copia-1.jpg

I'm quite happy!

Kwantslonghair
November 2nd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Wow. What a huge difference. I think it is working for you

askan
November 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Wow, your hair looks a lot happier!! Congratulation on finding a method that works for you! :)

Tota
November 2nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Great results, congrats. I'm a religious co-washer, too :) Two years and counting!

Tlb2012
November 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
I love the results! Not only does your hair look much less fried, but your length as well as fullness is back to where it was just a month a half ago! Do you think getting rid of all the fake, damaging ingredients caused your hair to grow at a faster rate? If so, I'm gonna employ these methods! Also, does anybody else have links to the same things the lead poster mentioned?

ETA: Haha much less fried? I meant not fried anymore at all! That's what I meant to say! I am sorry

fiğrildi
November 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks all! Yes, Tlb2012, I think my hair is growing faster than ever, but it could also be due to the fact that I'm a healthier person in general (drinking more water, for example), and massaging my scalp gently with the tips of my fingers. But you'll have to try, maybe you'll achieve similar effects if you only give natural stuff to your hair!
Still, I have a lot of split ends, and yeah, haha, it looks much less fried! ;)

duchess67
November 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
I can see the difference, your hair looks so much thicker and longer too.....pretty!!

AmyBeth
November 2nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
I am so happy to see another success story! Your hair looks amazing, and only one month!? I can't wait to see your 1 year hair-versary pics. Imagine how long it will be then, since it grows so fast.

dwell_in_safety
November 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
That is a big change for one month! It looks like you don't have all that much of the worst damage left to trim off, either. My routine is similar and works wonderfully for me as well.

Jennah
November 2nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Big difference in volume and curl definition! Good job!

sarah112786
November 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
looks great! It even looks longer even though you trimmed it

Almendra
November 2nd, 2013, 08:41 PM
Amazing change! I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to try the co-washing in his long wavy hair. But he is pig-headed, even when I show him pictures like yours...
Your hair looks beautiful, thought :)

0xalis
November 2nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
:agape: wow, your curls look wonderful now and your hemline is such a perfect u shape. I'm thinking of experimenting with co washing only for a few weeks to see how my hair likes it. :o

flemeister
November 2nd, 2013, 11:54 PM
Big difference! Also, those waves... :inlove::cloud9:

thirstylocks
November 3rd, 2013, 12:49 AM
Looks good. I'm currently trying to get my hair used to CO washing.

pogo0685
November 3rd, 2013, 01:11 AM
Looks great! I do CO washes also and love what it has done for my hair.

MaryMarx
November 3rd, 2013, 01:45 AM
That hemline... well done. :)

MeowScat
November 3rd, 2013, 02:04 AM
I actually said, "wow" out loud when I compared the two pics. Gorgeous hair, amazing improvement...and in such a short amount of time! Congratulations!! :applause

Anexia
November 3rd, 2013, 03:49 AM
Wow! Well done :)

Becky9679
November 3rd, 2013, 03:56 AM
Absolutely beautiful!

fiğrildi
November 3rd, 2013, 06:21 AM
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! I have to admit that it only looks as good when I comb it, and I don't do it very often because of the frizz! I'm patiently growing my layers and getting rid of the permed part (curls); my hair is naturally wavy but not that curly. I will come back in 6 months and keep you updated with my improvements :) thanks!

ErinLeigh
November 5th, 2013, 11:41 PM
It looks beautiful. May I ask how you liked the cassia and what you noticed from it? Unless you are in different lighting the color looks different. Would you mind explaining what you saw as different. I am seriously considering cassia strongly after seeing your pictures and adding cowashing to my routine.

livelycurls
November 7th, 2013, 04:43 PM
the trim looks nice

10000days
November 8th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Wow amazing transformation!
Do you ever find that the all-natural products don't do enough for your hair (eg, leave it feeling unconditioned)?

Foxylocks
November 8th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Wow. Your hair looks great. Very beautiful curls/waves.

vindo
November 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
That is lots of improvement! I am sure it will get even better. :)

vindo
November 8th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Do you ever find that the all-natural products don't do enough for your hair (eg, leave it feeling unconditioned)?

Hey, I think the center pic in your siggie is popular on Pinterest :lol:

jacqueline101
November 8th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Your hair looks healthier and happier. I do wish you well on your hair care journey.

Phlegmatic
November 9th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Your hemline is such a nice U and your hair looks much happier in the after photo! The waves are becoming more apparent and the frizz seems to be gone. Congratulations!

fiğrildi
May 3rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
It looks beautiful. May I ask how you liked the cassia and what you noticed from it? Unless you are in different lighting the color looks different. Would you mind explaining what you saw as different. I am seriously considering cassia strongly after seeing your pictures and adding cowashing to my routine.

Sorry, it's been a while since I haven't come by... I really like the feeling Cassia gives to my hair, it gives me more volume, and keeps it healthier and moisturised (some people experience dryness after using Cassia, but I mix it with honey and argan oil, so...). Yes, the pictures are taken under different lightning conditions, but Cassia gives me a nice yellow stain that will last 1-2 weeks, but you can only see it under bright sunlight (I also mix it with rhubarb, so it's a bit screaming yellow on the first day... later on, it fades quite quickly). If your hair is lighter than mine, the yellow will be a tad more noticeable, otherwise, if you have brownish hair you won't experience any colour change at all. Here you can see some pictures of the results I got with Cassia: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=115551

Thanks! Hum, not at all; all-natural is totally what my hair was asking for ;) I daily use coconut oil, mostly on my tips. So it doesn't feel unconditioned, even if I have to deal with frizz (which only happens in my permed parts). But I manage to calm the frizz down by using a bit of argan oil after washing it, while hair is still wet :-)

MINAKO
May 3rd, 2014, 12:21 PM
Nice improvement, it looks so much healthier and even, congrats! I'm a Co washer too and don't think i will ever switch to anything else.
What strikes me is that i consider myself a 2c, while i have much looser waves, im confused now. Maybe i need to post pictures and ask again.

fiğrildi
May 3rd, 2014, 12:28 PM
Nice improvement, it looks so much healthier and even, congrats! I'm a Co washer too and don't think i will ever switch to anything else.
What strikes me is that i consider myself a 2c, while i have much looser waves, im confused now. Maybe i need to post pictures and ask again.

Thanks! :-) Aaah no, 2a/2b is just my virgin hair! (which is only shoulder length by now). The texture you see on the pictures is the perm I'm trying to grow out, hopefully I'll get rid of it in 2 years time :pray:
So yes, you are probably a 2c, so please ignore the weird texture of my perm ;)

MINAKO
May 3rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Thank you for explaining fiğrildi.
Yes it looks much straighter on top. As for me i would naturally probably be a 3a but use a mild Keratin Treatment every now and then to get it smoother. I always thought to just go by the current hair texture for the classification, but either way, it doesnt matter so much as long as we know how to take care of it.
I recently startd to apply a mix of molasses, oil and an intesive treatment as a prewash, its very nice to get smooth definition to the waves. It washes way easily with CO and my hair feel hydrated and very soft. Imagining you could like it, i just thought i should mention.

fiğrildi
May 3rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
Sounds nice, I'm definitely going to try it :) Yes, maybe I should classify my hair as the current texture I have, but anyways (also, 6 months later, my hair is much smoother than these pictures!) Thanks a lot for the suggestion!