PDA

View Full Version : How long it will take for my hair to reach my shoulders?

BowTie
November 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Currently my hair is on my neck. I'd say it's about middle if my neck. I don't have a measurement tape so can't measure it. I just can't keep wondering how long it might take. How long it took you? I honestly can't wait my hair to reach my shoulders!

EmmaDStrange
November 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
I think 6" a year is what is suggested to be the norm. But I find my hair grows much faster than this. When my hair was at it's shortest, it grew over 12" a year. To reach shoulder I'd suggest it might take you a few months, maybe 6? But it really does depend on your personal growth rate I think.

AmyBeth
November 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Everyone's hair grows at a slightly different pace. You can measure monthly, of course, and do the calculations yourself. Patience.

jacqueline101
November 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Everyone's hair grows at a slightly different pace. You can measure monthly, of course, and do the calculations yourself. Patience.

I agree but I think the average is about half inch. There are also factors to consider when measuring growth. Health, seasonal sheding, and stall periods and breakage. This seems to creep up by surprise.

chen bao jun
November 2nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
If you estimate one year, you could be pleasantly surprised.

BowTie
November 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
People often say my hair grows quickly.. I don't know if it's true or not. I basically had my hair cut into a chin lenght bob on the mid of august and now it's on my neck so I guess that is pretty good growing.