PDA

View Full Version : Hair Binge

FoxyGhost
November 2nd, 2013, 02:29 AM
A weird mood struck me and I decided to purchase a bunch of hair stuff all at once. Thank good for Amazon Prime because I have four separate orders. I've been wanting to try Manic Panic Electric Tiger Lily so I picked up two jars of that. Well if I bought that I would need to touch up my roots first so I bought a box of my hair dye. Then I remembered my sister was over due for a henna gloss and I used up the last of it a month ago so I got some Henna. For some reason I remembered that months ago I wanted to try some Monoi oil infused with vanilla so I got some of that.

I have a problem. Does this happen to anyone else? It's like that if you give a mouse a cookie book. Now, I'm like "maybe I can get some kind of hair mask from Lush this weekend."

I didn't 'NEED' any of this stuff!

Flor
November 2nd, 2013, 02:52 AM
Gosh, I have "wants" like this all the time, hair-related or not. Not a day goes by without me getting new purchase ideas. I make a deal with myself to wait every idea out (about 80% of my wants go away in 2 weeks) and only buy one thing at a time. But I fail at it quite often LOL

Sounds like you needed henna and it was for your sister anyway, so doesn't count! And oil idea was tested with time, so there's that. And the other two purchases are sort of a "kit", so you really only bought one impulse thing. And Lush? Does it even require any justification? See?? That sort of reasoning is what gets me in trouble :D

jacqueline101
November 2nd, 2013, 07:04 AM
I have those sort of wants but first I need to go through mine and remove the unfriendly hair items. I have two dressers full all ready and more to go. I figured it's time to pitch out the old before I buy new.

Kaelee
November 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
YEP! I just went to pay off my credit card and found it's $200 more than I thought it would be. :confused: Most of that WASN'T hair stuff, but things like my spa membership and phone bill, but still! :lol:

DweamGoiL
November 2nd, 2013, 09:46 AM
...For some reason I remembered that months ago I wanted to try some Monoi oil infused with vanilla so I got some of that...

I didn't 'NEED' any of this stuff!

You and I have similar hair types and you state you don't need Monoi Oil *gasp*!?! You will only need a very minimal amount on fine hair, but it does wonders for our hair type.

ositarosita
November 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Yes I just did this yesterday in fact.. My current conditioner was causing protein overload so I went on sally and was looking for conditioners .. so I could make a mental note ... and I ended up buying 6 bottles of conditioner .. it happens every one and a while .... because I these are things I cant find where I'm currently living (or it has to be a day trip because its an hour there and an hour back) ... so I just buy everything at once

bunnylake
November 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
I bought an entire line of hair care products a couple of weeks ago when I already had a bunch of hair stuff in my shower. I'm actually returning them today because they didn't really "wow" me. And now I'm thinking of all the other products I wanna try. I must resist... must must must resist.

renia22
November 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
I have a problem. Does this happen to anyone else? It's like that if you give a mouse a cookie book.

Ha! It's exactly like that book!

Too funny, I do this too. I have no idea why, I don't recall always being this way. In the past, I recall only having one or two "back up" items, if that. Maybe I've gotten a little over the top since over the years several things that I like have been discontinued, so now when I find something I like, I want extras, just in case. Interesting, my sister did this with a mustard she liked this summer, when we were on vacation, and wanted to buy more, but it wasn't convenient for my BIL to go back to that store and he happened to be driving. He was like, "there will be other mustards...", all sensible-like. A few days later my husband, son & I happened to be driving by the store where she found the mustard, and I bought a whole bunch for her. Because I can surely relate! I do this more with hair and bath & body products, though. But lately I have been trying to use stuff up and at the very least, give myself 24 hours before following through on buying something. I haven't bought any shampoos or conditioners, but I've been on this leave-in kick. I couldn't just buy one, it had to be 3 or 4 different kinds; a sea salt spray, a serum, a shine spray, a heat protector. Like I need that many. But aside from trying to use time as a deterrent to get a grip, I also try to visualize my sensible BIL's voice in my head..."there will be other mustards... haha :) it works sometimes

Rio040113
November 2nd, 2013, 06:28 PM
In the last 2/3 weeks I just bought(/DBF bought me) 1 hairstick/pin (+ matching earrings), 3 Flexis and 1 RavensCroft moon... Plus I'm about to buy another moon from a swap/sell on here and I'm considering trying to track down a Ficcare or 2... Don't even get me started on my Christmas list! :lol:

ShieldMayden
November 2nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Same problem here, I get the binge urge to buy stuff it's ridiculous. >.<

I try to curb it by throwing as much as I want into my online shopping account w/o looking at the price or anything then NOT check out. I'll hop by a week later with a fixed budget and see what's the best value for money I can do w/that then. Unless of course it's an online clearance sale. Then trouble.

And I want a moon, but I'm not even sure whether to find them and if my hair is long enough (yeah it's waist, but only a small part is as it's super layered... some layers are above my shoulders!).

FoxyGhost
November 2nd, 2013, 09:13 PM
Shopping can seem so innocent when you do it 10 bucks at a time but then $50 or more later you start questioning how important all those little purchases were but I am excited to try everything when it gets here on monday!

jlb
November 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM
ok I hadn't even heard of monoi oil until I read this......and yet, it's now saved in my amazon cart. Troublemaker! Just kidding, you're definitely not alone, I often stress shop & since we clipped a deer a couple of days ago & will likely be buying a new car now grrrrrrrrr :rolleyes:

Eichan
November 3rd, 2013, 01:22 AM
I feel your pain ;_;

When I decided to go SO two days ago (LOL), we happened to go to the store. I got:

2 new brushes
Gel Elastics. New stuff LOL
A hair donut
A head massager brush
Some exfoliating gloves (idk WHAT I was thinking. I was going to use them to "prevent the greasies". Yay for sleep deprivation!)
Two packages of painted, glossed, wooden chopsticks. So.... twenty hairsticks LOL! Broke one the same day :(

Personally I think my binge came from my clip not holding up my hair. Felt so betrayed.

Anyhow, going purchase crazy is good for you every once in while, so long as you have the money, right? :D

HintOfMint
November 3rd, 2013, 01:24 AM
I get into fits like these where I load a bunch of stuff into my online shopping cart and then never check out. It's always spurred by something different and it's something that I'll fixate on for a while. Like, all of a sudden I'll want extremely nice smelling hair so, I'll pore over Toadstool's Etsy site for hours debating whether I should go with a rose scent or her gorgeous blue lilac scent. Or I'll get it into my head that I'll want to do my hair in curls on a regular basis (LOL, ludicrous in light of my laziness) so I'll look up all sorts of hairsprays and products. Usually the craze dies down pretty quickly.

Rio040113
November 3rd, 2013, 06:22 AM
:scissors:
And I want a moon, but I'm not even sure whether to find them and if my hair is long enough (yeah it's waist, but only a small part is as it's super layered... some layers are above my shoulders!).

Do you mean a RavensCroft moon? If so, Shirl Ann sells them on her etsy page (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RavensCroft?ref=l2-shopheader-name). She just sold a batch a few days ago though, so I don't think she'll have any listed for a while.

stachelbeere
November 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
thanks to you I impulsively bought Monoi oil oil yesterday... :/

...but I'm looking forward to getting it!

renia22
November 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Shopping can seem so innocent when you do it 10 bucks at a time but then $50 or more later you start questioning how important all those little purchases were but I am excited to try everything when it gets here on monday!

Ooooo how exciting! Have fun trying all of your new goodies! Enjoy!

ShieldMayden
November 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Do you mean a RavensCroft moon? If so, Shirl Ann sells them on her etsy page (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RavensCroft?ref=l2-shopheader-name). She just sold a batch a few days ago though, so I don't think she'll have any listed for a while.

Thank you sooooo much, appreciate it! :) :D

ositarosita
November 3rd, 2013, 01:18 PM
I just realised why I binge shop ( as I have more items in my online cart) 1. everything I love gets discontinued so when I find something I love I have to have backup for at least 1 year 2. I am currently a bored/stressed soon to be housewife who lives in a new country and has yet to make friends... so it helps fight the boredom...