PDA

View Full Version : Bangs :(

Kelli Kat
November 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
I don't like them, never have, never will. They don't look good on me. But I've started noticing that the front of my hair at the hairline has started breaking and thinning really bad, because I wear really tight buns very day and that spot get the most pressure, so today I went had bangs cut, which I don't like, which I'm going to have to learn to live with, so I can take some of the pressure off my hairline.

askan
November 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking there are so many different kinds of bangs, what kind did you get?
Sideswept bangs, in my oppinion, can be flattering and really good looking on anyone while I'm really jealous of people who look good in straight cut bangs because I dont ;)
Anyway, I hope you can find a way to wear them that you're comfortable with! And if you start growing them out, you will be able to style them to connect them with the rest of the hair without too much pressure on the hair line. I'm a big fan of french braided bangs. Hopefully your hair will at least be able to stop breaking and grow strong along the hairline.

bananahanna
November 1st, 2013, 08:01 PM
I'm thinking there are so many different kinds of bangs, what kind did you get?
Sideswept bangs, in my oppinion, can be flattering and really good looking on anyone while I'm really jealous of people who look good in straight cut bangs because I dont ;)
Anyway, I hope you can find a way to wear them that you're comfortable with! And if you start growing them out, you will be able to style them to connect them with the rest of the hair without too much pressure on the hair line. I'm a big fan of french braided bangs. Hopefully your hair will at least be able to stop breaking and grow strong along the hairline.

I definitely would second the French braided bangs, or even the French twist? I think is what it's called. that's what I usually do because it keeps that portion of my hair out of my face which is enough to keep me fr playing with it. that would also help the pressure of the buns.

bananahanna
November 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM
just kidding it's called a crown twist braid. It's super effective and it'll add a little something interesting to updoes

Kelli Kat
November 1st, 2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks everyone

I started off getting them side parted and long down to my chin, that look awful, so we ended up cutting them straight across just below my eyebrows. If my hairline starts growing back in nicely, it will be worth it.