PDA

View Full Version : Boobs on the back of my head...:(

ProverbsGirl
November 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM
I am new to buns..and have been practicing..and practicing.
My hair is finally getting to the point I can do more buns. So I research and decided to try a double bun.
I was so proud..and then my husband sees me. I asked him what he thought. He asked why I had two boobs on the back of my head. *sigh*
I may never double bun ever again.
I took a pic, but I'm having trouble posting it.
Will try to add it in replies.

Tell me about your supportive or not supportive family/friends.

Caragh
November 1st, 2013, 05:46 PM
I no longer use heat on my hair (heat free since June yay :)! ) so i tried foam rollers overnight to curl my hair as im naturally a boring 1b when my older brother saw me he burst out laughing and told me it looked like I had 20 dildos stuck in my hair :/ needless to say i never used them again yet he still tease me to this day :) The Male species generally don't understand our methods for our hair and im sure your bun looked great!

SleepyTangles
November 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
It happens a lot with my male friends! Not always in a pervy-ish way, of course!
Still, they make jokes even about simple or just mildly fancy hairstyles, so I've never stopped myself from doing what I want: the only hairstyle that doesn't seem weird to them is loose hair or a messy bun held by elastics ;)!
They slowly got used to braids and don't call me "old lady" anymore, and we found funny names for my hairsticks.

Granger Mane
November 1st, 2013, 06:12 PM
My hair also just became long enough time bun and braid. I've been experimenting a lot with different styles, and get teased a lot. Especially when I eod mickey mouse type double buns. If I had a dollar overtime I was called princess Leia or sailor moon. That and I've never been good at riding hairstyles beyond ponytails so they still don't look that good.

Just ignore them and keep at it. that's what I'm trying anyway

seamonster
November 1st, 2013, 06:14 PM
This is so cute, I bet you look adorable.

askan
November 1st, 2013, 06:17 PM
Haha, I would love to have boobiebuns!

I used to get told by older relatives that it was suuuch a pity that i dyed my hair from blonde to red. For some reason "fair hair" is something you don't destroy. I used to bleach my hair, so it's not like my blondeness was all natural, like it was when I was a kid. When I got dreadlocks they just laughed.. :)

TiaKitty
November 1st, 2013, 06:31 PM
It would be so hard for me to not say something along the lines of "At least I don't have an a$$ for a face!"

shutterpillar
November 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM
It would be so hard for me to not say something along the lines of "At least I don't have an a$$ for a face!"

BURN.

I believe this is definitely an appropriate response.

gnome82
November 2nd, 2013, 04:56 AM

:hifive: good way to reply :rolling:

Kaelee
November 2nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
I was told by my dad that 'if you care about your appearance and looking professional you will use a blow dryer'. I just rolled my eyes. I have now almost waist, soft, shiny, blanket thick hair. His is around shoulder-apl and in such ragged shape I can see the damage from across the room.

ProverbsGirl
November 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
I'm still trying to get the pic up..but these replies are hilarious!

lapushka
November 2nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
Better boobs on the back of your head than a p*, uh male part.

gossamer
November 2nd, 2013, 07:27 AM
A friend of mine in middle school told me that my bunned hair looked like a doorknob on the back of my head. I think it was years before I attempted another bun!

So lots of sympathy for you, some people just say the stupidest things.

ceruleansky
November 2nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Years ago I was double bunning my hair. The first time I wore it like that around some friends and acquaintances, I was mercilessly teased about the Princess Leia look and for having monkey ears. I felt so bad that I never double bunned after that.

Peggy E.
November 2nd, 2013, 08:47 AM
I was told by my dad that 'if you care about your appearance and looking professional you will use a blow dryer'. I just rolled my eyes. I have now almost waist, soft, shiny, blanket thick hair. His is around shoulder-apl and in such ragged shape I can see the damage from across the room.

Father doesn't always know best, obviously! Good for you, sticking to your guns and doing what you know is best for your hair.

As for the OP, sorry your husband had such a silly comment about a style you were proud of and worked hard to perfect. But the important thing is that YOU liked it and, I'm sure, millions of others would have agreed with you.

Please don't stop doing what you want because of some toss-off remark someone makes. I'm sure as you continue to practice your skills, he will become more appreciative of the new looks you wear and enjoy having such a creative wife to show off!

And an honest opinion is fine - but it is just an opinion.

sourgrl
November 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Maybe double buns on the side of your head, ala Princess Leia? *giggle*

Kaelee
November 2nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
I've been called Princess Leia before, but not because of double buns. I take it as a compliment. I'd never complain about being compared to a drop dead gorgeous, ray gun wielding, star ship flying princess! :luke:

TiaKitty
November 2nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
I wear my hair in public in PLeia buns! If you've got it, flaunt it!!! :D

Seeshami
November 2nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I call my double buns baby butt buns. :shrug: sorry I am no help. I just laugh at all the hair nonsense that happens around me because it's pretty much every time I turn around. I also don't think boobs are a bad thing. Men love boobs, Muffin would fondle a bun if I called it boobs.

The Naughty Mess says, "and then I would hold you hostage by tangle-ating myself to that guy."

Mess you know who Muffin is stop calling him that guy.

Kaelee
November 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Can't...resist...must...

I like...big...BUNS and I cannot lie! All you other brothers can't deny! When a girl walks by with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get-

:run:

Seeshami
November 2nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
My hair stick doesn't want none unless you got big buns!

Kaelee
November 2nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
You can do French Braids or twist ups
But please don't lose that Bun!

Seeshami
November 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
:rollin: I think we need to stop derailing the thread but that was EPIC

Kaelee
November 2nd, 2013, 01:39 PM
:rollin: I think we need to stop derailing the thread but that was EPIC

I think we're officially insane. :rollin:

Only on LHC....

Seeshami
November 2nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
At least we are together! :rollin: You know you're a long hair when!

Nae
November 2nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
What's the matter with boobs? Presumably he likes them, no? Crazy boy.

Next time put a double pair right above your forehead and when he comments, blink innocently and say, "I thought you didn't like them on the back of my head."

Kaelee
November 2nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
What's the matter with boobs? Presumably he likes them, no? Crazy boy.

Next time put a double pair right above your forehead and when he comments, blink innocently and say, "I thought you didn't like them on the back of my head."

Double points if you attach pasties to them as well. ;)

Nae
November 2nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Double points if you attach pasties to them as well. ;)

Oh for sure. Triple points if you manage to snap a picture of his reaction. :thumbsup:

LaurelSpring
November 2nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
A couple of years back I had gone to work with a big sock bun on top of my head. At lunch I went to Giant to get a salad at the salad bar. I was standing in line and the girl that was bagging whispered something to the guy cashier. I heard him say....."well I guess it gives you something to hold onto..." Argh..

spidermom
November 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
My DH hates buns, period. I wear them so often that he must hate looking at me.