PDA

View Full Version : Jumping on the Monistat Bandwagon

Saldana
November 1st, 2013, 04:59 PM
After exhaustive reading of the Monistat thread (which I cannot find now), I've decided to take the plunge and give it a shot. I'll blog my progress (unless it triggers migraines, then I'm out, sorry) if anyone would like to follow along.

Although I don't have current data on my hair growth, last time I grew my hair (before the big chop) I got the standard 1/2 per month growth, with occasional stalls and spurts. This morning (11/1/2013), I measured my hair at 8.5 inches. My goal is to measure once per month. If I don't get the dreaded headaches, I'll treat with Monistat 3x per week.

Although increased growth would be lovely, I'm really hoping that it subdues (or maybe even resolves!) my pretty bad chronic SD. It seems to have been getting worse and worse the older I get, and I'm at my wits end to treat it. I've tried everything. Tar shampoos, all kinds of medicated stuff, CO, WO, vinegar, essential oils.....you name it. It seems to have gotten even worse since I've moved to a damp climate.

I'm indifferent to the embarrassment factor.....I'm old enough to not really care what the 20-something checkout guy thinks of me plunking down a bag of apples, ale, ziplock baggies, and 3 tubes of cootchie cream on the counter. :D

More in the blog. (plus I'll copy this over). Wish me luck!!

jacqueline101
November 1st, 2013, 05:50 PM
I'm a Monistat user Ive done both straight and deluted but I've only used Monistat plain old 7 day treatment cream. Sorry I'm not sure what number it is. I think you will like it. I love mine and the results. I do want to hear from you on your progress.

Saldana
November 1st, 2013, 06:06 PM
Hi, Jaqueline! I'll try to remember to update this thread, but I'll also definitely update my blog here, if you'd like to read along! Have had the solution on my head for about an hour, and so far, no adverse reactions. :)

jacqueline101
November 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
Hi, Jaqueline! I'll try to remember to update this thread, but I'll also definitely update my blog here, if you'd like to read along! Have had the solution on my head for about an hour, and so far, no adverse reactions. :)

I'm hoping to keep up with a fellow Monistat user. I have read your blog and I'm glad you're having a positive experience with Monistat.

Shibe
November 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
I'm using Monistat seven day (seven separate tubes) and I can make one tube last two weeks, with two applications a week. One inch of Monistat to 3 table spoons of water, no headaches for me.

.5" growth in 13 days!

Miracle grow!

ShieldMayden
November 2nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Best of luck!!!!

Finances this month are too harsh for me to try it, but I should be able to wing it in December. I want to try this too and never have.

So you basically mix the creme with a ratio of 1:3 as far as cream:water goes and gently rub it into your scalp, correct?

Shibe
November 2nd, 2013, 11:22 PM
Yes. Some of the ladies use a hair dye bottle (can get from Sallys), but where I went all I found was travel shampoo bottles. I section my hair into 4 (Think of a plus sign of where the lines are hair partings + , so four pony tails) and my hubs helps apply it to my scalp. It stretches very far, my scalp is always soaked before the bottle is empty.

ShieldMayden
November 2nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
Fantastic!!! :)
So it's not like I'll be spending $15 or however much one costs every single time I do it, but moreso every two weeks or so? Good.
And duly noted on sectioning my hair too. (Let's grow out these layers!)

Shibe
November 2nd, 2013, 11:46 PM
Since I bought the 7 day pack, I got 7 tubes. I use one tube for 2 weeks (4 applications), so that's about 14 weeks of Monistat, which is a little over 3ish months! The 7 pack cost me about 15 bucks :) I went to Walgreens, btw!

ShieldMayden
November 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
o.O Woah that's awesome!!! Totes affordable then. :)

Saldana
November 3rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Shibe, that's good news! All I could find was this 'kit' thing, with applicators, and a tube of Monistat, and a smaller tube of 'itch creme' for external application. I'm pretty sure the 'itch creme' is probably too greasy to put on my hair. The Monistat dissolved in 3 TBSPs of warm water is enough to basically saturate my scalp, and dries with no stickiness or greasiness.

*off to update the blog*