PDA

View Full Version : Moisturizing cream?

bythesea
October 31st, 2013, 08:00 PM
I keep reading out oils don't actually moisturize. So I was wondering if there was a cream or other product out there to help moisturize the length and ends of my hair. I live in an area that is very cold and dry during the winters (we've already had our first frost).

Vanilla
October 31st, 2013, 08:17 PM
I highly recommend nightblooming's panacea if you're looking for a good hair moisturizing cream. She has a shop on etsy. The cream is made with an herbal infusion, coconut oil, Shea butter and essential oils. A lot of people on this site really like it.

bythesea
October 31st, 2013, 08:28 PM
I highly recommend nightblooming's panacea if you're looking for a good hair moisturizing cream. She has a shop on etsy. The cream is made with an herbal infusion, coconut oil, Shea butter and essential oils. A lot of people on this site really like it.

Thanks! Found the "winter blend" on the etsy store. Would you say that this type of cream helps to protect in the winter? I lived in Florida all of my life and just recently moved to a much colder climate so I have no idea how to protect my hair from the cold/dry weather.

Vanilla
October 31st, 2013, 08:36 PM
The winter blend is a protein free blend. The summer and original have protein. I think any of the creams would be good to protect hair in the winter. I got the 3 jar sampler, so that I could see which blend worked best for my hair, but I ended up liking them all.

bythesea
October 31st, 2013, 08:46 PM
The winter blend is a protein free blend. The summer and original have protein. I think any of the creams would be good to protect hair in the winter. I got the 3 jar sampler, so that I could see which blend worked best for my hair, but I ended up liking them all.

Perfect! I'll have to try the winter blend then because if I try to use protein in my hair it gets brittle really quickly.

Vanilla
October 31st, 2013, 08:54 PM
Let me know how you like it :)